What did you get in Your box of New Phyrexia!

Started by Greg Roch, May 13, 2011, 02:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Roch

The box of French I Cracked was sick (No Missteps though. boooooo)

2 x Karn
1 x FOIL Obliterator
1x Sheoldred
1x Extraction
1x Elesh Norn
1x Jin-Gitaxias (Already working on a deck for this guy, just so i can call the deck Jin & Tonic)
2x Puresteel Paladin
2x Fresh Meat
2x Life's Finale

Bwa-Ha-Ha...

Greg

Jason Doan

Sword + Batterskull in one and Karn + Foil Sword in the other...also for once I got multiples of the playable rares, not the janky ones.

Jason Morton

2 Swords
1 Karn
1 Foil + 1 regular Puresteel Paladin
1 Elesh
1 Foil Hex Parasite
2 Lashwrithes (?)
No Batterskull tho (boo-urns!)

Very happy with the 2 Swords though!
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that... he's gone." -Verbal Kint

Mark

sword
batterskull
2 - Karn
2 - Phyrexian oblit
1 of each preator(2 of a couple)
4 of pretty much every rare, uncommon and common

:)

JohnKapp

Hey Greg, wanna set aside 1x of each Praetor in English for me? I can probably pick up tomorrow or Sunday?

Mark

I am looking for 2 x Phyrexian obliterator atm. :) he's sooooo friendly!

Jason Morton

:-\ Well, my 2nd and 3rd boxes of NPH held some good stuff but not a lot.

5 (count 'em) Puresteel Paladins
1 (only) Karn
1 (again, only) Batterskull
3 Spellskite (yay, I have 6 now!)
4 Caged Suns
4 Blue Chancellors (1 foil, that was in the same pack as another Blue Chancellor....)
3 Moltensteel Dragons (1 foil.... )

Not the greatest boxes I have ever opened (that distinction goes to the half-box I opened at Champs in November with 2 Koths, a Venser and 2 Ratchet Bombs, which at that time was a pretty good pull) but also not the worst boxes I have opened.  Finished playsets of most of the rares have to count for something.  Good times!

J. 
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that... he's gone." -Verbal Kint

dafish

Russian box had Karn,Batterskull and Sword.

bzarhands

I haven't played Magic since before Ice Age, but a friend linked to a Savor the Flavor article that outlined the background of the set and showcased some art.  I was surprisingly impressed on both counts, especially that which concerned the Machine Orthodoxy.

Do they usually put that much work into fluff?
Do they ever publish collected art books after the set has been out for a while?

Mark

The fluff - yes usually alot of work goes into it.
Artbooks - sadly I think they have only ever published 2 art books and those were years ago.