An Important Announcement About The Future Of SaskGames And Chewsday Challenge

• 15 Replies

Boston Pizza General Manager, Mac Grassick, has contacted the Play with Your Food team to see about running the weekly ChewsDay Challenge board game event. He expressed interest in re-establishing attendance levels to pre-pandemic levels.

Wait, so Boston Pizza cancelled Sask Games?

Tempest

• Boom!
    • View Profile
This is really unfortunate. The Sask Games forum was always a useful resource. This community grew and flourished not because of any individual person's effort, but because of the combined effort of volunteers, the admins keeping the site going, and of course the community itself. I'm more than aware of the challenges involved in trying to build a community, and as such I really can't thank everyone enough involved for all the hard work through out the years that really built things up. I hope in the future people are able to connect and share our hobbies and continue to make new connections through these bizarre times.

Edit: also, I'm glad I was able to make a bunch of new friends through the site; quite a few of which I'm still friends with today. Since I'm not on social media, I might not be able to see people as much in the future, but if there's anyone I've gamed with in the past that wants to stay in touch, please feel free to shoot me a DM and I'll give you my discord/mobile info. Peace and love.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 12:29:12 PM by Tempest »
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

tlh878

• View Profile
  • BGG ID: tlh878
  • Name: Tamara H
The way I read it is once Sask games decided they were canceling Chewsday challenge the Boston Pizza manager reached out to PWYF because they have an existing relationship and wondered if there was a way to keep it going.

Boston Pizza General Manager, Mac Grassick, has contacted the Play with Your Food team to see about running the weekly ChewsDay Challenge board game event. He expressed interest in re-establishing attendance levels to pre-pandemic levels.

Wait, so Boston Pizza cancelled Sask Games?
I'm happy to bring out any game I own.  Link to my BGG list Let me know :)

Bix Conners

• --- Bixby's Bar & Grill ---
    • View Profile
    • Detailed Gaming Bio
  • BGG ID: Bixby
Community is important and we look forward to building on the success of the event to make sure there is always a friendly welcoming place to gather in games and camaraderie. If you would like to be involved as part of the planning team, please reach out to PwYF with an email to info@PwYF.ca

We have received a lot of interest from people to be involved in a ChewsDay Challenge committee. This message is a reminder to send an email to info@PwYF.ca if you are interested in being involved in either planning the weekly event or being an ambassador. We are going to finalize our team soon and want to make sure anyone who is interested in being involved is on the team.
>>> NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website <<<
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

dyobb

• View Profile
    • Dyson Yobb's Online Comic
I am very grateful for the effort, sweat and work that the volunteers of Sask Games have put in to make this event available to me. The friends I've made, the experiences I've had, the games I've played, the laughs, the camaraderie, the new faces each week has been a singularly wonderful thing I was fortunate to be a part of. I am incredibly saddened by this news, but even if this is goodbye that's "ok" because part of any journey includes endings. With this crazy life who knows when our paths may cross again and if parting is just too sad or painful, I guess I'll just settle for a friendly " See you around sometime.

Allan Luesink

• View Profile
A big thank you to everyone who contributed to keeping this site running the past dozen years. It will be missed. Certainly COVID restrictions dampened gaming. It caused the dissolution of Strategy Saturday. I only recently resurrected this games night under the new moniker of Feature Friday. If you've never attended one of my games nights, but are curious and would like to be kept informed (even if you don't know when you might be able to make it), drop me an email at:PS - When emailing my contact list, I use the bcc option so I'm not sharing your email address with others.