Feature Friday - Southside Pentecostal Assembly - Friday, December 16, 2022

Started by Allan Luesink, December 07, 2022, 10:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan Luesink

Hi everyone,

This Friday's game spotlight will be on an (but still good) Viking-themed game. What does a Viking game have to do with the Christmas season? Nothing - but it's a good game!  :)

The Feature Game will be Fire and Axe: A Viking Saga. This is one of the better games to capture the theme of the Viking age and its influence on the history of Europe. In the game players seek to gather points through raiding, trading, and settling (sounds very Viking-like, eh?) all the while having the skalds (bards) proclaim their great accomplishments.

• Fire and Axe

*(this is the cover art of my copy; there has been a newer edition released after this one)
!!! If you have a game in your collection you'd like to play, do contact me to volunteer for future Feature Game slots. Drop me a message and we'll set it up. :thumb-up

Feature Friday meets at Southside Pentecostal Assembly (41 Birchwood Rd) from 7pm to midnight.  There is parking and an entrance at the back of the building. A snack table will be set up so feel free to contribute a drink or something to munch on.  And feel free to bring along friends (and to forward this invite).

Hope you'll be there,

Allan

MikeMcC

Would love to join you for STRATEG...er... FEATURE FRIDAY, but my schedule for Fridays tends to be pretty full with prior commitments.  I'll make it out sometime.

Allan Luesink