Remembering Miles Dormuth

Started by Lori, September 18, 2021, 12:08:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prairieguy

Always loved playing 2 player war games like Memoir 44 and Undaunted with Miles - we had some great converstions and he will be greatly missed.
I hope he got his truck done and was able to drive it!

Bix Conners

I was shocked and saddened to learn of Miles' passing. Miles was a constant presence at SaskGames events when I used to attend ChewsDay Challenge, PGX, and Play with Your Food. He embodied the values we established for the gaming community when we started SaskGames: Welcoming, friendly, inclusive. It is a big loss for our community and he will be missed. I know he will be missed at our BixCON Away Gaming Retreat in Montana as well.

Thank you Lori for posting this memorial and giving the community a place and opportunity to pay tribute. Kathy and I send our deepest condolences to Miles' family and friends.

This is a reminder that "Life is Short; Play Games!".
Connect with others and cherish moments and laughter shared.
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

JRobot4

Sad to hear of Miles' passing.  Thank you for posting, Lori.  My condolences to his family and friends.

Bellis

I'm a little late to hearing about this sad bit of news, but it is still shocking to me. Yet it's good to hear that Miles has made such a positive impact in the lives of so many of us, as illustrated by these many messages of condolence.

I have fond memories of Miles being part of many games I played at both CC and FRAG Games Day, and in particular the times he introduced me to his then current favorites, Grand Austria Hotel and Ulm. I also appreciated his willingness to be part of the group that played several lighter strategy games that I brought out periodically. I always found him to be motivated with a quiet enthusiasm, both in the play of the games, and in general conversation about the games themselves. It was always a real pleasure if Miles was part of the group I was playing with. He could be a devious player but still a complete gentleman. And Lori, thank you for the detailed account of your gaming activity with him and your overall tribute.

Jennifer

I'm really sad to hear this. Miles and I weren't close but I loved playing games with him at Chewsday Challenge. I'm sad to know he will never swoop in for the win during a game of Acquire with me again. I will miss his laugh most.

Toadified

Condolences to Miles' family and (closer) friends.

I don't have any specific memories of him, but he was always a blast to play with, and he was a fierce challenger.

Bryce Robinson

That's me Playing Scythe with Miles in those photos. It was at a play with your food. We played the entire Scythe campaign in one sitting in the middle of the night. I always enjoyed playing games with him, his laid back style will be missed.
I take requests. See my collection here. http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/brycrbnsn