• 15 Replies

prairieguy

• AKA - Murray
    • View Profile
  • BGG ID: prairieguy1958
  • Name: Murray Bennett
Re: Remembering Miles Dormuth
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2021, 02:59:20 PM »
Always loved playing 2 player war games like Memoir 44 and Undaunted with Miles - we had some great converstions and he will be greatly missed.
I hope he got his truck done and was able to drive it!

Matt Robertson

• Guinness is Goodness
    • View Profile
    • Detailed Gaming Bio
  • BGG ID: Bixby
  • Name: Matt Robertson
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2021, 04:18:40 PM »
I was shocked and saddened to learn of Miles' passing. Miles was a constant presence at SaskGames events when I used to attend ChewsDay Challenge, PGX, and Play with Your Food. He embodied the values we established for the gaming community when we started SaskGames: Welcoming, friendly, inclusive. It is a big loss for our community and he will be missed. I know he will be missed at our BixCON Away Gaming Retreat in Montana as well.

Thank you Lori for posting this memorial and giving the community a place and opportunity to pay tribute. Kathy and I send our deepest condolences to Miles' family and friends.

This is a reminder that "Life is Short; Play Games!".
Connect with others and cherish moments and laughter shared.
>>> Bixby's Bar & Grill <<<
Board Game Events, Gaming Retreats, Mini-Conventions, Fundraising, Disc Golf, Poker, Scotch Tastings, & all around Camaraderie!

JRobot4

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2021, 08:24:30 AM »
Sad to hear of Miles' passing.  Thank you for posting, Lori.  My condolences to his family and friends.

Bellis

• View Profile
  • Name: Barry Ellis
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2021, 03:11:54 AM »
I'm a little late to hearing about this sad bit of news, but it is still shocking to me. Yet it's good to hear that Miles has made such a positive impact in the lives of so many of us, as illustrated by these many messages of condolence.

I have fond memories of Miles being part of many games I played at both CC and FRAG Games Day, and in particular the times he introduced me to his then current favorites, Grand Austria Hotel and Ulm. I also appreciated his willingness to be part of the group that played several lighter strategy games that I brought out periodically. I always found him to be motivated with a quiet enthusiasm, both in the play of the games, and in general conversation about the games themselves. It was always a real pleasure if Miles was part of the group I was playing with. He could be a devious player but still a complete gentleman. And Lori, thank you for the detailed account of your gaming activity with him and your overall tribute.

Jennifer

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2021, 11:41:55 AM »
I'm really sad to hear this. Miles and I weren't close but I loved playing games with him at Chewsday Challenge. I'm sad to know he will never swoop in for the win during a game of Acquire with me again. I will miss his laugh most.

Toadified

• View Profile
  • Name: Parker
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2021, 09:23:34 PM »
Condolences to Miles’ family and (closer) friends.

I don’t have any specific memories of him, but he was always a blast to play with, and he was a fierce challenger.