Support Your FLGS

Started by jkitz, January 14, 2021, 10:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkitz

I have always loved Friendly Local Game Stores. I suspect I never would have run my own game sessions without having stumbled into a FLGS a year or so after my initial exposure to D&D.

For my Master's thesis I visited just over 50 game and comic stores in the Greater Toronto Area. With many stores across Canada limited to curbside pick-up only once again, I wanted to come up with a way to support FLGS here in Canada.

So . . . for all of January, 20% all sales (both Print&PDF, and PDF only) from the CDG Marketplace go to support a Canadian FLGS of the customer's choosing - specified on checkout.

I hope some of you will use this to support your local game store, and I hope you find other ways to support your local store as well. I'd love to hear about what you are doing.

If you happen to be a publisher, and you are interested in getting you titles up on the CDG Marketplace, please get in touch! We expect to have numerous titles added throughout the month.

The CDG Marketplace is a small Canadian focused indie RPG marketplace that sells to consumers, to retailers, and normally offers a ship to store option to many FLGS. If a customer doesn't indicate a specific retailer they wish to support during the support your FLGS promotion this January, the 20% will be distributed among the many retailers who have purchased from us in the past.

I'd appreciate your thoughts, and questions!

If this is better in a different part of the Forum, please let me know.

Naardmund

You can go in the stores in Saskatchewan you just have to wear a mask and they've drastically limited the # of customers. Which is a shame because I miss pathfinder at Comic Readers but, I did buy 18 dice last week.