Virtual gaming on Tuesday evenings

• 2 Replies

standstrong4u

• View Profile
  • Name: Rosemarie
Virtual gaming on Tuesday evenings
« on: July 06, 2020, 04:50:03 PM »
Hi,

Some of us are gaming virtually using Board Game Arena, Steam, Tabletopia, and Tabletop Simulator.   It would be great to have a spot to coordinate games and sign up for possible games.   Some of these platforms are free to download as well as some of the games.   There is a cost for Tabletoop Simulator.  Some of the games are available for purchase (Steam and Tabletopia) and some are available for a membership (Board Game Arena).    For some of the game only host needs to own the game.

I would like to see if anyone is interested in having an option to post games (like Chewsday Challenge) and people can sign up to play.  I would like to see this done on Tuesdays until Chewsday Challenge resumes.   At that time, we would could look at moving it to another day if demand warrants it.

If you sign up for a game, the teacher will need to know your username for that platform.

The format for posting a game would be like Chewsday Challenge with one difference.  We would need to include the platform the game is being played on.

GAME: 
PLATFORM: 
TEACHER AND PLATFORM USERNAME: 
DATE: 
START TIME:  your best time estimate in minutes (account for teaching time)
DURATION: 
# OF PLAYERS: 
URL:  Copy and paste the URL from Board Game Geek here

PS I cannot play this Tuesday (July 7) but I could post a game on July 14.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 02:49:24 PM by standstrong4u »

SteamPunch

Re: Virtual gaming on Tuesday evenings
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 08:36:10 AM »
We have been using Tabletop Simulator, and it works pretty good. I would also suggest a voice chat in conjunction with the game for the social aspect, and certainly faster than typing in-game. We have good success with Discord.

standstrong4u

• View Profile
  • Name: Rosemarie
Re: Virtual gaming on Tuesday evenings
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 02:49:03 PM »
GAME: Wingspan
PLATFORM: Tabletopia
TEACHER AND PLATFORM USERNAME: Rosemarie (standstrong)
DATE:  JULY 14, 2020
START TIME:  6:30 pm
DURATION: 150 minutes
# OF PLAYERS: 5
URL:  https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/266192/wingspan