So, how's everyone doing?

Started by Lori, March 23, 2020, 02:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lori

Just thought I'd start a quick thread for anyone who wants to say hi or check in with the community.

Reynard

Hi Lori! Hope you and Jim are well.

All you other cardboard kooks too!

We are holding up well. Thankful for the basement suite lol. Playing via board game arena now and then. Also some games on the pc to prepare for societal collapse, just in case.

Food delivery from Save On was awesome when we got home from Mexico but delivery times are wild now so we are just making do with what we have.

Anyone else have some isolation stories to share?

(Sorry Shelby they don't have Robin Hood on Boardgame Arena)
"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again."

― Robert Jordan

Lori

Is your quarantine end date coming up soon?

I haven't tried any of the online gaming places like tabletopia or yuccata but it's definitely crossed my mind to look into them. Last week was a lot of solo gaming as I was home with a cold and this week I've kindly handed it off to Jim, so nothing's hit the table for a few days.

I'm hoping the warm weather sticks around, being able to BBQ would be a nice option. So far we've resurrected the bread machine and gotten good use out of the instant pot I got for Christmas. I can also honestly say I haven't had a craving for anything on the Boston Pizza menu even though I've had plenty of emails telling me I can order delivery!

On the plus side, my hands have never been so clean  :D

Anyone else have an update?

tlh878

I'm on a "pause" from work this week and although I understand why, I just wish I could get back to teaching and connecting with my students.  I've tried out tabletopia and boardgamearena and they are okay for the time being, but nothing really compares to playing games in person. 
I'm happy to bring out any game I own.  Link to my BGG list Let me know :)

prairieguy

Hanging in there - hating the isolation but Renee and I have been playing a different game each day so getting her hooked. She was very sick last week but the test came back negative so that was a bit of a scare
Eating way too much but managing and missing the community

trimmer

I think the refrigerator is the biggest risk right now!

We are playing games at home. Just cracked open Glass Road and enjoying it.

Today I am figuring out the solo mode for Wingspan.

I have been getting into Hearthstone for the past year or so and they have a new expansion coming out on April 6th. They are making a lot of changes to make the game friendlier for new or returning players so it is a good time to jump in.

ChadBoudreau

ComicReaders Downtown is still here. We were closed for a while, doing curb-side only. We were allowed to open to the general public again as of May 19, with restrictions. Our hours are reduced, our staff is reduced, but we're still doing what we do.

On the personal front, my kids have been doing some schoolwork at home, Shelley has been working from home, and when I'm at home I drink tea, watch movies with the family, and play Sims 4 on the PS4. There is something comforting about controlling every aspect of my Sims' lives in these uncertain times.

Cheers!

Lori

Quote from: ChadBoudreau on June 17, 2020, 10:12:41 AM
I'm at home I drink tea, watch movies with the family, and play Sims 4 on the PS4. There is something comforting about controlling every aspect of my Sims' lives in these uncertain times.

Cheers!

Haha, I understand the Sims thing completely, it's been Animal Crossing for me over these past couple of months. No stress, no fuss.

Jescor

I was thinking the same thing about animal crossing lol, it came at the perfect time unfortunately... fortunately? 

Lori

Quote from: Jescor on June 22, 2020, 04:08:25 PM
I was thinking the same thing about animal crossing lol, it came at the perfect time unfortunately... fortunately?

Definitely fortunately/unfortunately!