Strategy Saturday - Argyle Road Baptist Church - Saturday, January 11, 2020

Started by Allan Luesink, November 04, 2019, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan Luesink

***more will be posted about a week prior to the games night***

Allan Luesink

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the New Year. Strategy Saturday in back this weekend for its 17th year. For me that's kinda crazy to realize that this games evening has lasted so long. I want to thank everyone who has chosen to attend over these many years. Strategy Saturday only keeps going because you people keep coming. Thank you so much.

Heads up - we will be upstairs again this Saturday as the downstairs is being used by another group.

Wendy has volunteered to host this year's first Featuring Game. Wingspan was released last year to great success. It is a multiple award winner and many are already considering it a classic game. In this game players are bird enthusiasts—researchers, bird watchers, ornithologists, and collectors—seeking to discover and attract the best birds to their network of wildlife preserves. Each bird extends a chain of powerful combinations in a player's habitat. There are hundreds of unique birds in the game that to be chosen. Be sure not to come late if you hope to get in on this experience.

!!!If you have a game you'd like to play and draw some attention to, feel free to volunteer for future Feature Game slots. Just drop me a note and I'll see if we can't get your game in the spotlight.

Strategy Saturday will be at Argyle Road Baptist Church (3510 Argyle Rd) from 7pm to midnight.  As usual we'll have our snack counter open so feel free to contribute a drink or something to munch on.  And feel free to bring along friends (and to forward this invite).

Hope you'll be there,

Allan