Strategy Saturday - Argyle Road Baptist Church - Saturday, February 15, 2020

Started by Allan Luesink, November 04, 2019, 12:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan Luesink

Allan Luesink

Hi everyone,

February's games night will be the third Saturday of this month; it's the weekend that works the best for my schedule. We will be the only group at the church on the 15th, so we will be able to meet downstairs.

Cory will be hosting this month's Feature Game called Tapestry. This is the new game from Jamey Stegmaier who is best known for creating Scythe. In Tapestry players seek to advance their civilization from the beginning of humankind to reach forward into the future. The paths chosen will vary greatly from real-world events or people — each civilization is unique! In Tapestry, you start from nothing and advance on any of the four advancement tracks (science, technology, exploration, and military) to earn progressively better benefits. You can focus on a specific track or take a more balanced approach. You will also improve your income, build your capital city, leverage your asymmetric abilities, earn victory points, and gain tapestry cards that will tell the story of your civilization.

!!!If you have a game you'd like to play and draw some attention to, feel free to volunteer for future Feature Game slots. Just drop me a note and I'll see if we can't get your game in the spotlight.

Strategy Saturday will be at Argyle Road Baptist Church (3510 Argyle Rd) from 7pm to midnight.  As usual we'll have our snack counter open so feel free to contribute a drink or something to munch on.  And feel free to bring along friends (and to forward this invite).

Hope you'll be there,

Allan