Looking For Players - Arcadia Quest

Started by Tempest, October 19, 2019, 11:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tempest

Good day everyone,

I've had plenty of success looking for D&D players (thank you everyone for your interest) and I've now got multiple steady campaigns going. I still have free time and I've been itching like crazy to get one of my favourite board games to the table: Arcadia Quest.

For the uninitiated, AQ is a tactical board game that plays somewhat similar to Dungeons & Dragons, minus the role playing. (Well, when I've played we always like to insert our own stories as we play, but anyways) Up to 4 players build a team of 3 heroes and try to overcome enemies and each other in pursuit of different goals. In each scenario, there are usually 2 Player versus Environment goals, and a number of Player vs Player Goals equal to the number of players. In order to beat the scenario, a player must complete 3 goals; at least one must be a PvE goal, and at least one must be a PvP goal. As you play each scenario, defeating enemies will net you rewards in the form of gold coins. If you complete the PvE goals you can earn special rewards; at the end of every scenario you can use your gold to purchase treasure in the form of upgrades for your team for the next scenario.

A typical campaign is 6 scenarios long, and it gets more challenging as you go on. There are also different options for a short co-operative campaign after you finish the base one. (I also have about 4 different campaigns to choose from, and in those campaigns, you actually get to select different scenarios every time, so there's a lot of variety.)

In any case, it's a really fun game. The biggest down side is that it *is* a little luck heavy, since the mechanics rely heavily on die rolls. If anyone is interested in learning the game, I could potentially schedule it for a Chewsday Challenge or something as a demo some time. Like I said, it's one of my favourites. The minis are beautiful (I'll paint them one day, I swear!!) and the swinginess of the die rolls can sometimes make for some hilarious moments.

I'd like to get 3 other players to get to the maximum amount. Right now, I'm leaning towards Saturday or Sundays, afternoon or evenings.

If you're interested please reply or DM. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Check out the link for more details on the game and to look at the pretty pretty components. I have basically ALL the expansions for this game that I can think of.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/155068/arcadia-quest
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Jescor

After your spiel and looking it up this seems like a fun game and I'd like to learn it. Signing up for a campaign is something I'm interested in but I would like to try it first before committing to that. If you set up a Chewsday sign me up and I'll confirm :)

Tempest

Absolutely, I think a demo would be smarter than trying to get people committed to a campaign before they've even played the game. Keep your eyes peeled, I'll post something in the near future! :)
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.