PWYF 2019 Game Schedule - Oct 26-27th

• 24 Replies

Jennifer

Re: PWYF 2019 Game Schedule - Oct 26-27th
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2019, 10:30:43 AM »
I am ABSOLUTELY interested in this. I will play every character, if necessary.

At previous PWYF I've run midnight Ultimate Werewolf (once in a pirate costume) or my homebrew social game based on John Carpenter's The Thing, suitably called The Thing.

My older son has been on my team in recent years and this year he is going to stay with me until 3:00am. He is also an experienced Ultimate Werewolf moderator, so he and I were wondering if there was any interest in a midnight Ultimate Werewolf this year.

At a school camping trip last year, he and I ran a 48 player game of Werewolf, where we each had a village of 24 players. One had werewolves among its villagers; the other village had vampires among its villagers. Each night vampires and werewolves feed as per usual, and in the morning there is the usual hanging (and burning), but there is also an exile, where someone from one village is kicked out and has to go join the other village.  This can result in vampires in the werewolf village and vice versa, but also special roles moving between villages, and, most importantly, information and paranoia moving across. At the campground, we were far enough apart that neither village could hear what was going on in the other. The info only came with the exiles. We ran this 48 player, two village game in under 2 1/2 hours.

In order to run this at PWYF, we would need a minimum of 26 committed people; a max. of 48. This is an elimination game so your commitment is 30 minutes to 2 1/2 hours, depending on when you get eaten, hung / burned. You do not have to stick around if you get eliminated, but you are welcome to do so.

Due to the amount of preparation involved, we ask that if you are interested then please respond to this post. You can respond on behalf of your whole team. If we have the 26 people minimum then we will prepare and proceed. If not, no worries. It ain't everyone's cup of tea. The game would begin at midnight, so please plan your schedule accordingly.

One final note-- I am not familiar with the space in the new venue. If someone involved with PWYF knows the venue and thinks this large game requiring two distinct spaces would not be appropriate for this space then please let me know and we will not do this game.

ChadBoudreau

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2019, 10:58:37 AM »
I am ABSOLUTELY interested in this. I will play every character, if necessary.

I thank you for your enthusiasm, but you are only the 4th person to express interest so this might not happen.

Jennifer

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2019, 11:17:05 AM »
GAME TITLE: Talisman with Blood Moon, City, Dungeon, Frostmarch, Highland, Reaper, Woodland and Sacred Pool expansions with elements from other expansions
TEACHER'S NAME: Jennifer / Parker
START TIME: 9:30am
DURATION: 3 hours
# OF PLAYERS: 4
1. Jennifer
2. Parker

3 hours is going to be a hard stop time, if it gets that far.

It is highly recommended that players are familiar with basic game play. A YouTube instructional video can be found here.

SteamPunch

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2019, 03:52:15 PM »
I'm in for Werewolf/Vampire!

prairieguy

• AKA - Murray
    • View Profile
  • BGG ID: prairieguy1958
  • Name: Murray Bennett
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2019, 04:46:18 PM »
You can add me to Werewolf too

Reynard

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2019, 05:15:57 PM »
Whether or not it will work depends on which portion of the property we have access to. I assume it is the large room with the kitchen and bathrooms just off the Ottawa side, but whether or not we have access to the north end of the property is not clear. I double-checked the handbook for which door to use and which rooms we use, but didn't see any references to such. Of course I am getting older and blinder too.

:thumb-up
“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.”

― Robert Jordan

prairieguy

• AKA - Murray
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2019, 08:11:08 AM »
access is thru the Ottawa street side by the parking lot

prairieguy

• AKA - Murray
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2019, 08:12:20 AM »
Can you add Captain Sonar at 3:00 AM please, 8 spots available

Lori

• View Profile
  • BGG ID: gaffercat
  • Name: Lori MacKenzie
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2019, 08:22:40 AM »
Can you add Captain Sonar at 3:00 AM please, 8 spots available

Are you 1 of the 8? I also added NeikeDjour since she was the one who asked for it.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 08:24:33 AM by Lori »

prairieguy

• AKA - Murray
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2019, 09:37:26 AM »
yes I am - sorry, bit busy this morning lol