Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - October 2nd, 2012 (18:00)

Started by SaskGamesAdmin, September 23, 2012, 01:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bellis

Quote from: Mac Grassick on October 01, 2012, 04:45:50 PM
I'll probably bring 2-3 games so if anyone would like to try out any of the games I've mentioned let me know & I'll make sure to bring them along.

Mac

Hey Mac! I plan to be there by early evening and would be very interested in trying Hawaii, assuming there is interest from others for that title too. I will probably just bring one or two small games myself, such as Drakon by Fantasy Flight and/or an earlier, basic edition of Cosmic Encounter by Mayfair Games, and/or Pick Picknic by Rio Grande.

Marc Bendig

I'll be coming out as well, and I'll bring Smallworld and a friend with me. However, since 7 Wonders hasn't filled up yet, Jared and myself would like to get in on that, if you would be so kind as to sign us up. If there are too many wanting to play 7 Wonders, then I can bust out Smallworld.

gentlegerbil

So far I don't work tonight (can change as I'm on call.... but looking good so far). I will bring the game. The board and such is rather large so I doubt I will pack it into BP, but just to show the game.

I've actually got 2 other people interested in learning already so I will be doing meetups to go over rules for those interested. If we can get an 8 player game, that would be intense and easiest. The more players, the easier the game gets (less strategy each player has to focus on).
------------------------------
War gaming since 1992.

gentlegerbil

I'm most likely coming and bringing  a few to look at (most notably AWAW or A World at War). Most the games I will be bringing however are far more in depth/complex. I'm more of a war gamer ;)
War gaming since 1992.

Dana_Tillusz

Snikt!

Bix Conners

I plan to be there by 5pm to get a bite to eat and a pint. Plan on bringing a few games with me. Look forward to the evening!
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

ChadBoudreau

I just got back from the first Chewsday Challenge and I want to extend a big thanks to Matt Robertson, Boston Pizza, Dana Tillusz, Colin Dearborn and all the other people in attendance. I had a great time and got to play some great games. Here is a list of what I played: Ave Caesar, Takenoko, Snake Oil, Mamma Mia.

gentlegerbil

Was definately a LOT of fun :) I had a great time. Looking forward to meeting other gamers and definately finding some dedicated war gamers :)

Don't worry, Matt. I'll still be attending the Chewsday meetup and sticking to the forums :)
War gaming since 1992.

Bix Conners

We would like to thank everyone coming out. I saw a lot of new faces. That is what this event is about, getting people together to play some games. New faces quite often means new friends. Great to see such strong support for this event on the first night. Hope many of you will be regular ChewsDay Challenge attendees. Brief recap:

Attendance: 21
Game Played: 7 Wonders, Antics!, Mamma Mia, Snake Oil, Battle Line, Hawaii, Lords of Waterdeep, Ave Caesar, Backgammon, Pick PicNic, Takenoko.

Looking forward to the next one...
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

Mac Grassick

Wow, the first Chewsday Challenge was a great time. I taught & played Lords of Waterdeep & a partial game of Hawaii, taught by Colin. I own Waterdeep & have played it many times. It is currently one of my favorite games & last nights game was another good one. I had just purchased Hawaii & hadn't even punched the pieces. Thanks to Colin for teaching us the game. I really enjoyed the game even though we didn't get through the whole game.

Thank you to everyone that came out & made the evening a great success. I look forward to next week & seeing everyone again.

Mac
Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.