Prairie Game eXpo - Core Ritchie Centre - Saturday, Sept. 21st 2019 (9am) FREE!

Started by Dana_Tillusz, August 19, 2019, 07:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prairieguy

Ian Schofield

Tempest

GAME: Terra Mystica
TEACHER: Tyler "Tempest" Polishak
START TIME: 9:30 AM
DURATION: About 120 Minutes
# OF PLAYERS: 2-5
URL: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/120677/terra-mystica

I'll probably also bring along Feast for Odin, but I'll wait and see how the day plays out after this.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

tbrminsanity

Quote from: Cordawg on September 16, 2019, 11:00:41 AM
Quote from: tbrminsanity on September 15, 2019, 08:46:11 PM
Quote from: lifeofturner on September 15, 2019, 12:35:17 PM
Just updated the Game Designer's Corner with several different games from four Saskatchewan designers - including my own design First Past the Post, which seems appropriate to revive this fall. Check them out here!

I need to verify when Pathfinder 2e is being run, but if I'm free put me down for First Past the Post.
We will be running 2nd ed demos and quest basically all day when we have 4 players we will start

Awesome sauce!!!
Have fun, play games!

Lori

Slightly tentative - it's supposed to arrive Wednesday and then this will very much be a learning game:

Game: Tapestry
TEACHER: Lori
START TIME: 9:30
DURATION: 120 minutes
# OF PLAYERS: 4
1. Lori
2. Jim

ChadBoudreau

KeyForge - Archon Adaptive Tournament

START TIME: 11:00am
DURATION: TBD
MAXIMUM PLAYERS: 16

Tournament Format

Each round of this tournament consists of best-of-three matches. For the first game of each match, players use their own decks. For the second game, each player swaps decks with his or her opponent and plays using his or her opponent's deck.

If the third game occurs, players bid chains to use the deck which won both of the previous games. The player who brought the deck starts by bidding 0 chains, and then the players take turns outbidding each other until a player declines to bid higher. The player who bid the highest uses that deck for the third game (with their bid number of chains applied at the start).

Chains are a balancing mechanic built into the base rules of KeyForge. They can be utilized to allow two decks with a large difference in strength to play at roughly even footing. This helps to emphasize the skill of the player over the strength of an individual deck and allows each player the chance to do well with whatever deck they happen to use.

The winner of the tournament receives a sealed KeyForge Age of Ascension deck.

Respond to this post to sign-up for the tournament. This tournament supports a maximum of 16 players.

ChadBoudreau

Star Wars Legion
START TIME: 10:00am
DURATION: TBD
MAXIMUM PLAYERS: 8

Star Wars Legion returns to Prairie Game Expo.

Warfare is an inescapable part of the Star Wars universe, from the Rebel Alliance's defeat in the Battle of Hoth to a few elite Rebel strike teams taking on a legion of stormtroopers on the Forest Moon of Endor. You can seize your chance to get your boots on the ground and lead your troops to victory with Star Wars: Legion, a miniatures game of thrilling infantry battles in the Star Wars universe!

Star Wars Legion players will be meeting at Prairie Game Expo. The intent is to run a 800 point tournament if there are a sufficient number of players. If not, players will engage in casual games. Whether or not there is a tournament, Star Wars Legion players are always willing to talk about the game so drop by the tables.

The Star Wars Legion event is overseen by Shawn Morris.

prairieguy

Sorry - can you take me out of Batman and add me to Tapestry please - timing just works better

CappyZed

sna17