Prairie Game eXpo - Core Ritchie Centre - Sunday, January 20 2019 (9am) FREE!

Started by ChadBoudreau, November 29, 2018, 12:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moment

JRobot4

My apologies to anyone who was looking for the Railroad Ink Learn to Play...had a sick kid and had to cut out at the last minute.  O enjoyed the morning and the Clever tournament!  Good to see everyone out to enjoy the hobby on a chilly winter day!

Dana_Tillusz

:scrab-t :scrab-h :scrab-a :scrab-n :scrab-k :scrab-blank :scrab-y :scrab-o :scrab-u

A big thanks to everyone who attended our 15th PGX and those who chipped in to make PGX a success!

Special thanks to the following volunteers: Davey, John W, Lori, Jason V, Jim, Nikki, & Rosemarie. And everyone who helped with teardown!

A big thank you to Al Ritchie Association for running the canteen!

PGX wouldn't have been possible without the hard work of the PGX planning committee and SaskGames executive: Brad, Chad, & Mike. Thanks guys!
Snikt!

Dana_Tillusz

Prairie Game Expo Recap

ATTENDANCE: 112

BOARD GAMES PLAYED: Gans Schon Clever, Pandemic: The Cure, Arkham Horror (3rd Edition), Battlestar Galactica Battles, Istanbul: Dice Game, Reef, Keyforge, Flame Rouge, Fallout, Lite Up, Takenoko, Nyctophobia, Tichu, Terraforming Mars, Lovecraft Letter, Catan, La Granga: No siesta, Spirits of the Forest, Brass, Dead Man's Draw, Kemet, Crusaders, The Thing: Outpost 31, Paper Tales, Azul: Stain Glass of Sintra, Patchwork, Sagrada, Hive, Isle of Skye, Kingdomino, Animal Upon Animal, Clank!, Ticket to Ride, Cockroach Poker, tummple!, Azul, Port Royal, Forbidden Island, Istanbul, Hanabi, Hamsterolle, Dominion, Villa Paletti, Tsuro, Photosynthesis, Pandemic: Fall of Rome, No Thanks! & more! (Please let us know what you played that I missed recording!)

RPGS PLAYED: Pathfinder, Starfinder, Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition

MINIATURE GAMES PLAYED: Warhammer 40K, Gaslands, Star Wars Legion

HIGHLIGHTS:
(1) 112 attendees.
(2) Big thanks to anyone who taught games at Prairie Game Expo-- whether you were an official Prairie Game Expo Ambassador or an attendee kind enough to invite people to your table.
(3) It was good to see so many people out on a miserable, cold & snowy Sunday.
(4) Special thanks to SaskGames, Al Ritchie Community Centre, & Core Ritchie Community Centre.

Also, if you have any thoughts or feedback about these events, send an email to PGX@SaskGames.com
Snikt!

Dana_Tillusz

:scrab-p :scrab-r :scrab-i :scrab-z :scrab-e :scrab-s

Thanks to Random.org the following people won the door prizes and received them at the event:

Early Bird Draw for That's a Question!: Jilly
Early Bird Draw for Zooscape: trimmer

Attendance / Volunteer Draw for Piratoons: Krazzy

All prizes will be available for pick up at the South Albert ComicReaders location after Monday January 21st! Congratulations!
Snikt!

Dana_Tillusz

Snikt!

ChadBoudreau

We had 8 players for the KeyForge tournament.
1st: Khoa L
2nd: Hayden M
3rd: Alex S

tbrminsanity

GAME: Shadowrun 6th World
ORGANIZER: Thomas Boxall
TIME: 9:30am
DURATION: 2 - 3 hours
PLAYERS: 3-8 Players
DETAILS: Shadowrun is a cyberpunk-themed RPG set in the year 2080.  Magic has returned to the world, and Megacorporations have taken control.  You play as a Shadowrunner, a professional criminal and pawn of the Megacorporations.  So grab your deck, load up on ammo and spells, and above all else, never make a deal with a dragon.

I will be running an introductory session of Shadowrun 6th World, the latest version of the Shadowrun RPG system.  I will be using a custom Random Mission Generator based on the types of characters the players choose to play.  Players can be anywhere between new players to seasoned veterans of past Shadowrun versions.  We will not be going through character creation, but players with their own version of 6th World will be allowed to bring their characters to the table (GM approval will be required).  Pre-made characters will also be available.  For new players, an overview of the Shadowrun Universe will be provided.  Players are expected to bring a pencil, eraser, and a pile of D6s (you will be using between 3 - 20 dice in total).
Have fun, play games!

Lori

Quote from: tbrminsanity on January 05, 2020, 09:21:48 AM
GAME: Shadowrun 6th World
ORGANIZER: Thomas Boxall
TIME: 9:30am
DURATION: 2 - 3 hours
PLAYERS: 3-8 Players
DETAILS: Shadowrun is a cyberpunk-themed RPG set in the year 2080.  Magic has returned to the world, and Megacorporations have taken control.  You play as a Shadowrunner, a professional criminal and pawn of the Megacorporations.  So grab your deck, load up on ammo and spells, and above all else, never make a deal with a dragon.

I will be running an introductory session of Shadowrun 6th World, the latest version of the Shadowrun RPG system.  I will be using a custom Random Mission Generator based on the types of characters the players choose to play.  Players can be anywhere between new players to seasoned veterans of past Shadowrun versions.  We will not be going through character creation, but players with their own version of 6th World will be allowed to bring their characters to the table (GM approval will be required).  Pre-made characters will also be available.  For new players, an overview of the Shadowrun Universe will be provided.  Players are expected to bring a pencil, eraser, and a pile of D6s (you will be using between 3 - 20 dice in total).

I've moved this to PGX in Jan 2020.  You've made this post in the archived thread from 2019.