ComicReaders Downtown - Warhammer 40k Escalation League - Season 8 Discussion

• 49 Replies

Lareina

I'll update all the standings and stuff after the long weekend.

I'll also get tournament info up around that time too!

We will be holding the tournament at PGX on September 21st. Let me know if you can make it or not!

TalonIX

• View Profile
  • Name: Mark
Re: ComicReaders Downtown - Warhammer 40k Escalation League - Season 8 Discussion
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2019, 06:16:39 PM »
I sadly will not be able to make it to the tournament on the 21st (assuming I still make the top 8).

Also, thank you so much for putting this together year after year! =)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 06:18:10 PM by TalonIX »

RyanE

• View Profile
Re: ComicReaders Downtown - Warhammer 40k Escalation League - Season 8 Discussion
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2019, 12:43:38 PM »
Yes. Thank you Lareina for all the work in organizing everything. This was my first active part in a league and I really enjoyed it. Thanks to everyone else who played games and made it so much fun.

I am looking forward to playing in the tournament on the 21st.

Lareina

« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2019, 05:12:00 PM »
Random draw winners are: Ryan E and Anthony R! Your prize is in my file :D If you haven't picked up the prize before the tournament, I'll just bring it to the tournament :)

I know Mark can't make it to the tournament, and then I had asked Chris G if he could fill the spot, but he is out of town during that day too. So, Drake C or Eddie F can have the spot, but I need to know by September 14th. If not, then I have someone in mind to fill the spot (might be me or someone else)

I forgot my book at home, so I'll pick out the missions when I get home.

Thank you to everyone that played games, it was a small league this year, but hey, not too shabby for a summer one! You guys make it worth running  :D

With that said, everyone has until September 14th to let me know if you can make it for the tournament!

Confirmation for Tournament
Kyle U - Confirmed
Colin L -
David J -
Casey S -
Ryan E - Confirmed
Mike R -
Anthony R -

Drake C or Eddie F - please let me know by September 14th!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 05:13:54 PM by Lareina »

Lareina

« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2019, 05:37:25 PM »
Reminder: please confirm your spot by September 14th, so then I can find replacements!

There was an open copy of the rulebook at the store, so here we go! These are all from the main rulebook!

DATE & TIME & LOCATION
Saturday September 21st @ 10am - 7:00pm @ PGX Core Ritchie Community Centre 445 14th Avenue

TOURNAMENT STRUCTURE & PRIZES
Note: Structure may change no later than 2 days before the tournament.

Point value: 1500 points

Players are allowed the following:
3 Detachments, an ally detachment is allowed within your 3 detachments

Regarding terrain, since terrain is pre-set up, if you are using fortifications, you are not allowed to remove or replace pieces of terrain. Objectives will be in fixed positions.

Players are required to have at least 2 copies of their roster on hand. A copy of the roster needs to be submitted to the store at the beginning of the tournament, any discrepancies in the list and what is fielded will result in disqualification from prizes. Players are recommended to have a copy of their FAQ on hand in case army specific questions are asked by the opponent. FAQs found here

Games will promptly start at 10:15am. Each round of play will be a maximum of 2.5 hours, if the game is not finished, it will end on the closest full game turn, and the game will be decided by what is dictated in the book. There will be a least 15 minute warning for the end of each round.

First round of play will be starting at 10:15am, a short lunch break is available before start of the second round. Mission: Cloak and Shadows on Dawn of War

Second round of play will be starting at the latest 1:15pm. Mission: Cleanse and Capture on Hammer and Anvil

Third round of play will be starting at the latest 4:15pm. Mission: Secure and Control on Front-Line Assault

If you haven't done a tournament with me, I'll have sheets as usual outlining the mission, and showing you the deployment map. Terrain will be pre set-up, and all object markers will be at fixed places on the table.

Also, reminder, that I'll get you to rank your 3 matches at the end of the tournament to help determine your favourite opponent (best sporting player).

Prizes:
A player may only win one prize
  • Best Overall - Combination of battle points and Sportsmanship points
  • Best General - The player with the highest battle points at the end of 3 rounds
  • Best Presentation - The best painted/converted army as voted by fellow players
  • Best Sporting Player - The player with the highest Sportsmanship points

Casey

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2019, 07:34:36 PM »
Put me down for confirmed. Looking forward to it!

Lareina

« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2019, 10:40:33 AM »
Waiting to fill the last spot, I have options to go down the list.

I'll make a 1500 point army to bring as a filler spot if I need to play.

Lareina

« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2019, 02:17:48 PM »
And we're filled! Didn't wind up dipping into outside of the league. 

See you all next week!!

Prince of Arnheim

• View Profile
  • Name: Maeson Livingston
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2019, 05:41:54 PM »
Thanks for having me in the tournament Lareina and gang! I’m sorry I had to leave early I was feeling the pain. It was good to get back at it for an afternoon! I hope to be more of a presence in the next winter league. Will bring the sons out again for that.

Lareina

Thanks for everyone that came out to play! It's because of you guys that I can run this league!

Here are our winners for the day!

Best General: Dave J
Best Presentation: Ryan E
And in a bizarre 3 way tie for Best Combined and Best Sporting Player: Colin L, Casey S, and Mike R!

With winning the tournament, Dave J has to change this army next year  :secret-laugh:

Reminder that we are going back to the Winter season! We'll start up in the new year, mid-Januaryish. If you guys want a Primer warm-up league, let me know, and I can probably arrange a 2 month thing for November/December.