Strategy Saturday - Argyle Road Baptist Church - Saturday, March 2, 2019

Started by Allan Luesink, October 28, 2018, 04:50:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan Luesink

-- More info will be posted as this weekend approaches, so be sure to check back here about a week or two prior to the games night. --

*if you would like to volunteer to feature a game for this event, feel free to contact me

Allan Luesink

Hi everyone,

So I felt a nagging that I was forgetting to do something...and last night it came to me. I'd forgotten to post for the March Strategy Saturday. After missing last month's edition, the games night is back on. I apologize for the later notice.

In March the Feature Game picked has often been themed around Mars, either the planet or the god of war (e.g. "Terraforming Mars", "Axis&Allies", etc.). This year I plan to bring back to the table an older game - Serenissima. This is not fundamentally a war game but it does cover the 14th century when 4 great powers sought to be dominant in the Mediterranean Sea. Players will represent Venice, Genoa, Istanbul, or Valencia with the goal to establish a superior sphere of maritime influence. To do so they will pursue all sorts of valuables to make their trading empire the most prosperous. In the course of a game, players must build galleys, hire crew and buy/sell commodities. Conflict can, and likely will, arise as players race to establish and even monopolize trade routes and key ports around the Great Sea.

!!!If you have a game you'd like to play and draw some attention to, feel free to volunteer for future Feature Game slots. Just drop me a note and I'll see if we can't get your game in the spotlight.

Strategy Saturday will be at Argyle Road Baptist Church (3510 Argyle Rd) from 7pm to midnight.  As usual we'll have our snack counter open so feel free to contribute a drink or something to munch on.  And feel free to bring along friends (and to forward this invite).

Hope you'll be there,

Allan