Strategy Saturday - Argyle Road Baptist Church - Saturday, May 11, 2019

Started by Allan Luesink, April 05, 2019, 06:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan Luesink

***more will be posted about a week prior to the games night***

MikeMcC

Allan Luesink

Hi everyone,

This Saturday is the second Saturday of May and that means it's time for another Strategy Saturday. Hope you'll be up for a evening of gaming, even if you've already been at it earlier in the day.  :)

For the May Feature Game Henning has agreed to bring out Between Two Cities. This is a game with a unique cooperative/competitive element at its core. Players play the game by drawing and drafting tiles that they will add to a growing city. The goal is to build the best city possible. The twist is that players are actually building TWO cities (shocker, eh, with that title) cooperatively, one city with the person to their left and one with the person to their right. The lower scoring city will end up being their final score. This is a easy to understand, easy to introduce game that scales up to 7 players. It's good; I like it!

If you've read this far, you'll realize that I've played May's Feature Game. And as such I'm hoping that someone might be interested in a historical game based on the 1st Punic War. I'll be bringing Hands in the Sea this Saturday. It's a two player game that uses and expands on the deck building mechanics that Martin Wallace introduced in his game A Few Acres of Snow. If you're interested, drop me note; I'll make a point of check back during this week to see if you have.

!!!If you have a game you'd like to play and draw some attention to, feel free to volunteer for future Feature Game slots. Just drop me a note and I'll see if we can't get your game in the spotlight.

Strategy Saturday will be at Argyle Road Baptist Church (3510 Argyle Rd) from 7pm to midnight.  As usual we'll have our snack counter open so feel free to contribute a drink or something to munch on.  And feel free to bring along friends (and to forward this invite).

Hope you'll be there,

Allan