ComicReaders Downtown: Painting Showcase: April 1 - May 11, 2019

Started by ChadBoudreau, April 02, 2019, 12:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChadBoudreau

ChadBoudreau

Jason S has signed up via the ComicReaders Downtown Painting Showcase Facebook Group.

ChadBoudreau

Perris N has signed up via the ComicReaders Downtown Painting Showcase Facebook Group.

ChadBoudreau

Dan S has signed up in-person at ComicReaders Downtown.
Michael P has signed up via the Painting Showcase Facebook Group.

ChadBoudreau

Ryan M has entered via the Painting Showcase Facebook group.

ChadBoudreau

Jonathan B has signed up for both AOS and both 40K categories via the Painting Showcase Facebook Group.

ChadBoudreau

Jolnir

Hey Chad,

I'll change my entries to the solo leader categories of both 40k and Fantasy. The behemoth won't be finished in time, and I'll have to drop out of that category.

Michael Y.
40k solo leader
Fantasy solo leader
The best season is Blood Bowl season.

ChadBoudreau

Quote from: Jolnir on April 16, 2019, 10:05:34 AM
Hey Chad,

I'll change my entries to the solo leader categories of both 40k and Fantasy. The behemoth won't be finished in time, and I'll have to drop out of that category.

Michael Y.
40k solo leader
Fantasy solo leader

This change has been made.

ChadBoudreau

I'd like to announce two of the judges for the ComicReaders Downtown Painting Showcase:

Jon Oberlander
Jon first got into painting models/hobbying when he was 19 and the Home Hardware on 11th and Broad was shutting down. They had a bunch of Model Railroad stuff super cheap and he had always wanted a train. That rapidly expanded into 1/72 scale WWII models which tied together his interest of painting tiny things and military history. It wasn't until 2012 that he really got into painting war-gaming miniatures. He had tried his hand at it the odd time over the years but found there was a significant difference between the styles of painting and lost interest. However, when he began a new job in Regina he became good friends with some wargamers in the office. Looking for a new challenge (and a little pocket money) he offered to paint some things for them and it really took on a life of its own. He has been painting 40K stuff for 6 years now but mostly for other people. He is now looking at focusing on painting his own stuff. His focus is primarily 40K with some Age of Sigmar mixed in. He has grand designs on building and creating terrain. He tries to do something with the hobby at least every week and use brush, airbrush, acrylics, enamels and lacquers to varying degrees.

Derek Field
Derek Field started painting miniatures in 2013 with 40K Tau. He switched over to painting/playing Warmachine in 2014. He spent six months playing Warmachine at a friend's house before switching to the weekly gatherings at ComicReaders Downtown. He started REALLY diving into painting via the previous Privateer Press forums until that forum closed down. He has been learning techniques from the Privateer Press tutorials on Youtube ever since. His primary focus is his Protectorate army. His secondary focus is Star Wars Legion Imperials. His usual tooks are Army Painter brushes and primers, Citadel washes, and P3 paints.