Strategy Saturday - Argyle Road Baptist Church - Saturday, January 5, 2019

Started by Allan Luesink, October 28, 2018, 04:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan Luesink

-- More info will be posted as this weekend approaches, so be sure to check back here about a week or two prior to the games night. --

*if you would like to volunteer to feature a game for this event, feel free to contact me

Allan Luesink

Happy New Year everyone,

I hope that 2019 finds you all well. Last year is now done and finished and along with it all the good (and not so good) memories and experiences. The great thing is that with the start of a new year that, in addition to completely new experiences, its all open to restarts, renews, or simply continuing on with what was good from the last 12 months.

So on that note, the feature game for January will be Brass: Birmingham. This is a new game to my collection and a follow-up to the original Brass: Lancashire (one of my favourite games). Brass: Birmingham tells the story of competing entrepreneurs in Birmingham and the surrounding area during England's Industrial Revolution. In the game players will seek to expand their industrial empire by establishing canals and rails, while building and developing various industries such as Cotton Mills, Coal Mines, Iron Works, Manufacturers, Potteries, and Breweries.

If you'd like to watch a review by "Shut Up and Sit Down" here's a link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3efv2HkjDI

!!!If you have a game you'd like to play and draw some attention to, feel free to volunteer for future Feature Game slots. Just drop me a note and I'll see if we can't get your game in the spotlight.

Strategy Saturday will be at Argyle Road Baptist Church (3510 Argyle Rd) from 7pm to midnight.  As usual we'll have our snack counter open so feel free to contribute a drink or something to munch on.  And feel free to bring along friends (and to forward this invite).

Hope you'll be there,

Allan