Prairie Game eXpo - Core Ritchie Centre - Saturday, May 11th 2019 (9am) FREE!

Started by Dana_Tillusz, January 20, 2019, 08:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bzarhands

While space is available, please sign up Chad R for 10 AM Gaslands.

bzarhands

I am glad to be able to run story games again this PGX.  I dropped Microscope from the offerings, but I can run it instead of Fiasco, if it's a preference.  New players are welcome to these games; absolutely no experience is necessary.

GAME: Fiasco
TEACHER:  Chad R
START TIME: 1:00 PM
DURATION: 2-3 hours
# OF PLAYERS: 3-5
URL: Board Game Geek

Fiasco is inspired by cinematic tales of small time capers gone disastrously wrong – inspired by films like Blood Simple, Fargo, The Way of the Gun, Burn After Reading, and A Simple Plan. You'll play ordinary people with powerful ambition and poor impulse control. There will be big dreams and flawed execution. It won't go well for them, to put it mildly, and in the end it will probably all go south in a glorious heap of jealousy, murder, and recrimination. Lives and reputations will be lost, painful wisdom will be gained, and if you are really lucky, your guy just might end up back where he started.

FIASCO is an award-winning, GM-less game for 3-5 players, designed to be played in a few hours with six-sided dice and no preparation. During a game you will engineer and play out stupid, disastrous situations, usually at the intersection of greed, fear, and lust.* It's like making your own Coen brothers movie, in about the same amount of time it'd take to watch one.

*It's still the afternoon! We'll decide the playbook together from a pre-printed, family-friendly collection.

GAME: The Quiet Year
TEACHER:  Chad R
START TIME: 4:00 PM
DURATION: 90 minutes
# OF PLAYERS: 1-6
URL: Board Game Geek

"For a long time, we were at war with The Jackals. But now, we've driven them off, and we have this – a year of relative peace. One quiet year, with which to build our community up and learn once again how to work together. Come Winter, the Frost Shepherds will arrive and we might not survive beyond that. But we don't know about that yet. What we know is that right now, in this moment, there is an opportunity to build something."

The Quiet Year is a map game. You define the struggles of a post-apocalyptic community, and attempt to build something good within their quiet year. Every decision and every action is set against a backdrop of dwindling time and rising concern.

The game is played using a deck of cards – each of the 52 cards corresponds to a week during the quiet year. Each card triggers certain events – bringing bad news, good omens, project delays and sudden changes in luck. At the end of the quiet year, the Frost Shepherds will come, ending the game.

sna17

Bringing this one out for the first time. Duration is a rough estimate, as this will be a learning game. Please add Marshall and Steve as well.

GAME: Robin Hood and the Merry Men   
TEACHER: Shelby/Marshall
START TIME: 1:00 pm
DURATION: 120-180 mins
# OF PLAYERS: 4
URL: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/232666/robin-hood-and-merry-men

ChadBoudreau

The ComicReaders Downtown Painting Showcase ends on Saturday, May 11, 2019 at Prairie Game Expo.

Entrants will be bring their models to Prairie Game Expo. The models will be on display from 1pm to 3pm.

Attendees of Prairie Game Expo can vote on their favourite model from 1pm to 3pm. The model that receives the most votes will receive the People's Choice Award.

Judging by the painting showcase judges begins at 2pm.

Prizes will be awarded at 3pm.

All miniatures in the showcase will be photographed and the photos will be posted on the Painting Showcase Facebook Group and ComicReaders Downtown's Facebook page.

The ComicReaders Downtown Painting Showcase was launched in April 2019. Registration closed on April 26. More information about the Painting Showcase can be found at https://sask.games/index.php?topic=7994.0. You can also view several of the entries in progress at the ComicReaders Downtown Painting Showcase Facebook Group.

tlh878

I'm happy to bring out any game I own.  Link to my BGG list Let me know :)

CappyZed

I'd like to join the 8th level Waterdeep D&D session. I'd also like to build my own character if that's acceptable; if the DM would prefer using the pre-gens, that's fine too :)

standstrong4u

Hello.   I can teach Sagrada from. 12-2.   I have one copy.

Edward_Robertson

I'd like to play in the TtR:E tournament if there's room. Can bring a copy as well if needed.

Lori

Quote from: standstrong4u on May 05, 2019, 02:35:54 PM
Hello.   I can teach Sagrada from. 12-2.   I have one copy.

Thanks, Rosemarie - I've added your LTP to the schedule

Lori

Quote from: Edward_Robertson on May 05, 2019, 02:49:04 PM
I'd like to play in the TtR:E tournament if there's room. Can bring a copy as well if needed.

I've added you in - appreciate the extra copy!