Prairie Game eXpo - Core Ritchie Centre - Saturday, May 11th 2019 (9am) FREE!

Started by Dana_Tillusz, January 20, 2019, 08:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R Newell

I'm planning on coming to this one and am making a humble request for Gaslands to make a reappearance.

ChadBoudreau

GAME: Gaslands
ORGANIZER: Chad Boudreau
TIME: 10:am - 2:00pm
DURATION: 120 minutes per race
PLAYERS: 6 players max. per race
DETAILS: Gaslands is a tabletop miniatures wargame of car-on-car destruction in a post-apocalyptic wasteland. Miniatures are Hot Wheels / Matchbox cars modified to look like post-apocalyptic machines of speed and destruction. Players will use one of several customized vehicles designed by Chad and his family.

Other players of Gaslands are invited to come to Prairie Game Expo, as well, to show off their builds and race against other players.

There will be two races for Gaslands:
(1) On which players will compete to be the first across the finish line, racing among hand-crafted terrain
(2) On which players will compete in a demolition style free-for-all badlands style terrain

When you are registering for Gaslands please include the start time and the style in which you wish to participate.
Here are the options:
1: 10am - 12pm - Race
2: 12pm - 2pm - Demolition Derby

Dana_Tillusz

I'll try the 10-12 race. I wanna see what all the hubbub is about.
Snikt!

R Newell

bboileau

Quote from: R Newell on January 28, 2019, 07:48:24 PM
I'll do the 10-12 race and then the 12-2 demolition derby.

This I will do as well. I will come prepared with at least one of my own cars by then ;)
Here is my collection, trades, and wishlist on bgg if something should peak your interest!

R Newell

I've added a few more people to the Gaslands sessions.  Yay Gaslands!

ChadBoudreau

Holy snap! I've tossed Ragdollgun in the final slot for the 10:00am race. He owned the competition at the January PGX so I'm sure he'll want to show ya'll how it's done.

Dana_Tillusz

We are looking for Learn to Play volunteers for:

Blue Lagoon 10-2 (tournament to follow)

Ticket to Ride: Europe 12-2 (tournament to follow)

Also, we have lots of LTP spots open the rest of the afternoon. If you are able to teach any of the following games let us know!

Cryptid
Reef
Welcome To...
Quest for El Dorado
Battle Sheep
Azul: Stained Glass of Sintra
Sagrada
The Mind
Modern Art

Or any other great game that will fit into the LTP format.
Snikt!

ChadBoudreau

GAME: Just One
TEACHER: Chad Boudreau
START TIME: 6:00pm
END TIME: 7:00pm
DURATION: approx. 20 minutes per game
PLAYERS: 3 - 7
DETAILS: Just One is a cooperative game in which you play together to discover as many mystery words as possible. Find the best clue to help your teammate. Be unique, as all identical clues will be cancelled! We'll try to get 2 or more games in during the hour.

Dana_Tillusz

Blue Lagoon Tournament

WHEN: Saturday May 11, 2019
WHERE: Prairie Game eXpo
START TIME: 12:00 PM
DURATION: 120 minutes
MAXIMUM PLAYERS: 16

There are 2 rounds to the tournament. They consist of:
- 1 Preliminary Round (4 tables of 4 people)
- 1 Championship Round (1 table of 4 people)

Tournament Format

The Preliminary Round will consist of 4 boards with 4 players. Players will play 1 game. The winner of each game will qualify for the Championship Round. If the tournament does not have 4 tables, the winner of each game will qualify, plus the highest scoring player will move to the Championship Round as needed.

PRIZES: Tournament winner receives a copy of Blue Lagoon

Time limit: No game will go longer than 60 minutes. Final determination will be based on number of victory points total among games played in a round.

If we do not make our 16 player roster we will make amendments on the fly.

:excited
Snikt!