Holiday Countdown - 24 Days of Gaming Challenges

Started by Lori, November 28, 2018, 09:44:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lori

I'm going to be participating in this gaming challenge over on BGG but I thought some of you might want to join me in doing the challenge here on SaskGames too. It would be great to have you all along for the ride.

Below you'll find a list of "ways to play" or gaming guidelines and challenges for each day between Dec 1 and Dec 24. You can play any game you want, but try your best to fit it to that day's restriction. Start a reply if you want to play along and then edit your post with your results as you go. Even if you don't think you can play every day or do every challenge I'd still urge you to give it a try!

Challenges:
Day 1 - Play a bluffing game
Day 2 - Play a pirate game. Bonus if you talk like a pirate!
Day 3 - "Bah, humbug." Play a game wherein money = victory points
Day 4 - Make cookies or another holiday food to enjoy while gaming
Day 5 - Play a game with a time limit or that involves a timer
Day 6 - It's the feast of St. Nicholas. Play a game that involves delivery.
Day 7 - Play your favorite filler
Day 8 - Post a photo of yourself playing a game today
Day 9 - "Let's Do That Again!": Repeat the last game you played (This can be yesterday's game or two games in a row today)
Day 10 - Comment on another player's list
Day 11 - International Mountain Day: Play a game with mountains on the cover or components or a game set in a mountainous area
Day 12 - Play a card game
Day 13 - It's the 13th. Play a game you don't have any luck with

Day 14 - Make your favorite holiday drink, with or without alcohol, to enjoy while gaming
Day 15 - Play a kids' game or a game with kids

Day 16 - Do something nice for someone today
Day 17 - Play a game involving animals--either the 4-legged kind or just very wild gamers 
Day 18 - Play a game involving dice
Day 19 - Play a game you haven't played yet this month
Day 20 - "You'll Shoot Your Eye Out!": Play a game with gun(s) or other weapon(s). Don't shoot your eye out.
Day 21 - Celebrate the first day of winter: Play a winter game (snow, penguins, elves, etc.)

Day 22 - Play a game with a red or green box

Day 23 - "Hey, That's My Color": Play a game with the color meeples or other bits you don't normally use
Day 24 - It's Christmas Eve--play any game you want today!

Lori

Challenges:
Day 1 - Play a bluffing game
I'm not really a fan of bluffing games but I played two of them today:
and

Day 2 - Play a pirate game. Bonus if you talk like a pirate!
I got in a couple of pirate games today. I managed a win at Friday but in Dead Men Tell No Tales the ship exploded and sank to the bottom of the sea!

Day 3 - "Bah, humbug." Play a game wherein money = victory points
We played Haspelknecht today. Money at the end of the game converts to a lot of victory points. Too bad I didn't have any  :(

Day 4 - Make cookies or another holiday food to enjoy while gaming
It was Chewsday Challenge night so I ordered the Panookie to fit in with the challenge and then played some fun games! Railroad Ink, A La Carte, Azul: Stained Glass of Sintra

Day 5 - Play a game with a time limit or that involves a timer
Well, I had to find a solo game tonight and nothing with a timer seemed to fit so I played Hostage Negotiator where the time crunch (in real life) would be a huge factor. Luckily (?) Donna Scarborough only killed 3 hostages before I talked her into letting the rest go.

Day 6 - It's the feast of St. Nicholas. Play a game that involves delivery.
Day 7 - Play your favorite filler
Day 8 - Post a photo of yourself playing a game today
Day 9 - "Let's Do That Again!": Repeat the last game you played (This can be yesterday's game or two games in a row today)
Day 10 - Comment on another player's list
Day 11 - International Mountain Day: Play a game with mountains on the cover or components or a game set in a mountainous area
Day 12 - Play a card game
Day 13 - It's the 13th. Play a game you don't have any luck with

Day 14 - Make your favorite holiday drink, with or without alcohol, to enjoy while gaming
Day 15 - Play a kids' game or a game with kids

Day 16 - Do something nice for someone today
Day 17 - Play a game involving animals--either the 4-legged kind or just very wild gamers 
Day 18 - Play a game involving dice
Day 19 - Play a game you haven't played yet this month
Day 20 - "You'll Shoot Your Eye Out!": Play a game with gun(s) or other weapon(s). Don't shoot your eye out.
Day 21 - Celebrate the first day of winter: Play a winter game (snow, penguins, elves, etc.)

Day 22 - Play a game with a red or green box

Day 23 - "Hey, That's My Color": Play a game with the color meeples or other bits you don't normally use
Day 24 - It's Christmas Eve--play any game you want today!