Prairie Game eXpo - Core Ritchie Centre - Saturday, Sept. 29, 2018 (9am) FREE!

Started by ChadBoudreau, July 29, 2018, 03:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lifeofturner

We are excited to have Lorne Kletke from Chinook Games coming from Winnipeg with his new design Borders of Kanta, which will be on Kickstarter at the beginning of November. Lorne will run sessions all day in the Game Designer's Corner. Here's the info about Borders of Kanta:

Ages 14+   15-20 minutes/player   2-6 players
Each player leads a clan regaining its wealth after a plague closed all borders across the realm, and cut the clans off from the states they controlled. Every player gets a set of six-sided tiles picturing the leader they chose. Each tile represents a group of six clan members. These members are assigned one to each tile side, and each speak one of three languages. Tiles must be placed next to at least one other tile on the board, and must speak a common language at all shared borders. Wealth is built by competing or collaborating to form rings of occupied states that become trading centres and earn gold for participating clans. Players can earn resources that hold value at the end of the game, or that can be played for advantage. Each clan has its unique abilities as well.

Check out ChinookGames.ca for more info, and the Game Designer's Corner for times to play during the day!
"The play's the thing, wherein I'll catch the conscience of the king." - Hamlet

ChadBoudreau

The Al Ritchie Community Association will once again run the kitchen at Prairie Game Expo. The menu they have prepared includes breakfast sandwiches, sausage and perogies, homemade soups, smokies, baked goods, snacks, coffee and various drinks.

As per usual, please no outside food and drink in the venue. This does not mean you HAVE to eat the food prepared by Al Ritchie Community Association. You can leave to seek the food of your choice, but please do not bring said food back into the venue. (Water bottles and early morning coffee are the exception.)

The money raised by Al Ritchie Community Association through the kitchen is used in their various community programs. Thanks in advance for supporting the Al Ritchie Community Association.

The kitchen is cash only.

ChadBoudreau

Please note that due to the number of role-playing games coming to Prairie Game Expo and the anticipated number of attendees for the role-playing games we have booked extra rooms in the facility. If you are coming to Prairie Game Expo as a GM or as a player of role-playing games please come to the gym to sign-in, get your name badge, etc before going to one of the other rooms. And if you cannot find your RPG group please ask at the registration table and a volunteer will help you locate the appropriate room.

tlh878

Please add me to pitch car mini at 9:00 and downforce at 10:00. :)
I'm happy to bring out any game I own.  Link to my BGG list Let me know :)

lifeofturner

The Game Designer's Corner is going to be really exciting at this PGX! In addition to the two other designers, Ferne Hebig from Watson is coming back to PGX with her newest creation, The New World Order. Here's the description from Ferne:

The New World Order: Ages 12+, 2-4 Players, roughly 60 minutes

Years after the great war they call "the apocalypse"  has ended, humans and aliens have been forced to coexist. You are conflicted souls, a ragtag group of unlikely heroes trying to find your place in  The New World Order. This entertaining family game will have you testing your Faith in Humanity against the Apocalypse effect!  Choose alien, human or hybrid characters, select a mission, work to collect resources, increase your character's stats, and purchase the upgraded gear you will need to complete your mission. You will be challenged by events that force you to balance risk with reward to make choices that will allow you to complete your mission in the allotted time. This go around we'll be testing some new iterations on character alignment and how it affects game play.

She is planning to run a couple of sessions during the day, so check out the Game Designer's Corner for more details on all of the playtests and demos happening at PGX!
"The play's the thing, wherein I'll catch the conscience of the king." - Hamlet

bboileau

Excited for PGX! I post several games throughout the day:

Black Orchestra at 9am
Jamaica at 12pm (Learn-to-Play)
Nyctophobia at 3pm
Before There Were Stars... at 4:30pm
Lazer Ryderz at 5:30pm (starting with a fully booked game, but I can run multiple!)
Here is my collection, trades, and wishlist on bgg if something should peak your interest!

Lori

Can you add Jim, Scott, Natasha and me to Black Orchestra for 9:00 please.

moment

ChadBoudreau