Prairie Game eXpo - Core Ritchie Centre - Saturday, Sept. 29, 2018 (9am) FREE!

Started by ChadBoudreau, July 29, 2018, 03:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernbud

Inertia

Krazzy

I'll be coming!!  Really looking forward to it!  I will check out the volunteer page too!!!
Kristy 🙂

jobau2460

Quote from: ChadBoudreau on August 31, 2018, 09:17:44 AM
QuoteI can bring everything, might make up some premade teams, but people could bring their own as well. Looks like I'll have the day off, when is a good time for demos?

We usually reach peak attendance by noon and the event stays steady until about 6pm at which time it starts to taper off.

How does 12pm - 4pm sound? We can put it on the schedule as "demo / learn-to-play" for that time period.

That works for me. Could you add a sign up for it? It will only be 1v1

R Newell

I've added Cave Evil to the board game schedule.  Warning for those interested: the readability of the cards in this game is awful.  Weird fonts and black on black.

ChadBoudreau

GAME: Warhammer 40K Kill Team
ORGANIZER: Jonathan B
TIME: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
DURATION: 60 minutes per session
PLAYERS: 2 players per session
DETAILS: Set in the same universe and using the same miniatures ranges as Warhammer 40K but with a different rules set, it allows you to play a game of fast-paced tactical skirmish combat in games of 2-4 players, in less time and with a fraction of the models you'd need to play a full game of Warhammer 40K. Jonathan is demoing and answering questions about the game. Each demo is approximately 60 minutes in length. 2 players per demo. Lots of room for observers. No experience required. Pre-registration is not required but you can do so to ensure you get a chance to try this game.

ChadBoudreau

GAME: Dragon Ball Super Card Game - 3 vs 3 Tournament
ORGANIZER: Hayden M
TIME: 1:00pm - 5:00pm
DURATION: 240 minutes
PLAYERS: 18 (6 teams of 3)
DETAILS: The Dragon Ball Super (DBS) Card Game is the newest iteration of the Dragon Ball license applied to a collectible card game. While borrowing some basic terms and ideas from previous versions of the game, DBS introduces a number of new mechanics including a unique "combo" system, cards used for multiple purposes (energy, combos and characters) and a system designed to emulate the tendency of Dragon Ball characters to "power up" after taking damage.

The regular group Dragon Ball Super Card Game players who meet on a regular basis at ComicReaders Downtown are meeting at Prairie Game Expo for a 3 vs. 3 team tournament. The format is simple. Each player on the team is identified by a player letter (A, B or C). Player A plays against player A on the other team, B vs B, and C vs C. In order for a team to win the match, at least 2 players need to win their match. Matches are best of 1. Teams will play each other in this fun tournament. Promo cards will be given to every participate.

You can sign-up as a team of three or you can sign-up or arrive as a single player and be assigned to a team looking for players. After teams of three are assembled, any leftover players can duel 1 vs. 1 until they get a chance to rotate into a team.

SteamPunch

lifeofturner

I can supply copies of Azul and Century: Spice Road for the tournaments. And I'm hoping that the Game Designer's Corner offerings will be posted by the 15th!
"The play's the thing, wherein I'll catch the conscience of the king." - Hamlet

standstrong4u

Please sign me up for the Azul tournament.  I have a copy of the game that can be used. Rosemarie