ComicReaders Downtown: Age of Sigmar: Ladder of Command Campaign Discussion

• 69 Replies

Kuderewko

• View Profile
I have decided to go with iron jawz.

I'll play as well.. I'm the noob that will be handing out free wins, so I can take the bottom of the table, no worries.

I'm going to play Nighthaunt as well, seeing that's what has brought me into this craziness and frankly that's all I own.

cpaetsch@hotmail.com might be the easiest way to get a hold of me for games.

Cheers and good rolling to all!

ColinL.

• View Profile
  • Name: Colin
Im in with Beastclaw raiders!

Uaanaa

• Get ur fingers outta there
    • View Profile
  • Name: Dustin G
would love to join, rookie with SCE 940 points. no battletomes or anything. fully painted army with 1 exception being my lord relictor (dont want to paint him until ive gotten more painting experiance, would be fine with recieving a penalty)

name: Dustin Gettle
contact by facebook, believe we have already chatted

Get ur fingers outta there

ChadBoudreau

All right! The first ComicReaders Age of Sigmar Ladder Campaign has officially begun as of July 16.  I've updated the player list with SaskGames usernames and contact information. There is no set meet-up date for games. Players contact each other and arrange for games. I tried to structure this campaign in a thematic, new player friendly manner so please use the Realms of Battle as described in the campaign details, adhere to the 1,000 point Vanguard structure, be helpful and patient with new players, and keep "fun" in mind when you are building a list. Crushing your opponent in a tournament can be good fun, but crushing the fun out of a newbie is no way to grow a player community. I look forward to receiving your battle reports.

Use this forum to reach out to players, ask questions, etc.

If any of you have your armies ready and are itching for a game I can say there is space available at ComicReaders' this Thursday night. There is also room during the days Monday - Thursday from 10am - 5pm but not Tuesday from 12pm - 2pm. Friday nights are NEVER available. Space on Saturdays and Sundays can vary so call ahead to inquire about space and book a spot if space is available.

ComicReaders' "fantasy" terrain is a bit lacking so feel free to bring some of your own pieces (but don't leave them behind). We do have a very nice cavern terrain set that can be used, but ask for staff help to get it off the high shelf. We also have a Citadel fantasy battle board that can be used.

On a more personal note, I've got a half dozen models left to assemble before my Nighthaunt army is ready. It won't be painted when it hits the table for the first time but I am more interested in getting games in and learning the rules then impressing ya'll with my mediocre paint skills.  :)  I think I'll be ready for games starting next week.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 09:48:06 AM by ChadBoudreau »

ChadBoudreau

As a reminder, if you are playing a game July 16 - August 16, the Realms of Battle are as follows, but setting your match in a Realm of Battle is optional:

ComicReaders Downtown:
Round 1: Shyish, The Realm of Death

Highland Curling Club:
Round 1: Chamon, The Realm of Metal

Player's Home or other Venue:
Round 1: Ghyran, The Realm of Life

And here is the Battleplan reminder....

Players can choose any of the Pitched Battles Battleplans (pages 312 - 317 in core rules) or the Pitched Battles Battleplans in The General's Handbook 2018 (page 49). Players can agree to use a specific Battleplan or can choose to roll a D6 and consult the relevant tables.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 09:12:37 PM by ChadBoudreau »

Scherban

• View Profile
If anyone wants to clown tomorrow around 1 I should be free for a game!

Kuderewko

• View Profile
Anyone up for a game this week. I’m available Thursday to Sunday. I’d be happy to help teach some new players as well. Message me here, on Facebook, or at 3065307268.

camcarr

• Lvl 15 simpleton
    • View Profile
  • BGG ID: camcarr
  • Name: Cameron Carrier
I will sign up for this with some Legions of Nagash.

Best way to get ahold of me is facebook messenger or on here. Once we are familiar maybe ill hand out my phone number.

parkermech

• View Profile
I am free for a game tonight  :(Sunday July 22) I can host at my place.

Regina.statue@gmail.com or find me on Facebook via the Bone Pile Desert AoS group
-Michael