ComicReaders Downtown: Age of Sigmar: Ladder of Command Campaign Discussion

• 69 Replies

ChadBoudreau

July 21
Xander K (Ironjaws) vs Justin S (Pestilens)
Xander K won, but is giving the win to Justin because Xander made an error in how objectives are held. He feels with the correct rules the game may have played out differently.
I am, therefore, awarding Justin a Minor Victory.
If Justin declines this victory I will consider this match a tie.
Xander was painted.
Justin was not.

Scherban

• View Profile
Will graciously take the win, we can have a rematch soon enough so he can krump some rats.

I also played a game with Cameron Sunday at the highland.

He won a major victory and we both where not painted.

ColinL.

• View Profile
  • Name: Colin
Anyone down for a game with a complete newbie?

Scherban

• View Profile
Also forgot to mention I also played played Dustin (I believe I found the right one on FB) Sunday at the highland and won a major victory, he was painted I was not and I help him learn the game.

ChadBoudreau

Also forgot to mention I also played played Dustin (I believe I found the right one on FB) Sunday at the highland and won a major victory, he was painted I was not and I help him learn the game.

Thanks, Justin. I do believe your opponent was Cameron C.  :)  He contacted me today. Unless you also played Dustin....
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 01:13:27 PM by ChadBoudreau »

camcarr

• Lvl 15 simpleton
    • View Profile
  • BGG ID: camcarr
  • Name: Cameron Carrier
He also played Dustin. I watched some giant rats consume some golden warriors.

ChadBoudreau

Ok. This is a great time to remind ya'll to report your games. For the games that happened on Sunday please provide me the details. Use the following "template" for those game reports and any future reports....

Date of game
Player 1 (army) vs Player 2 (army)
Player 1 painted / unpainted
Player 2 painted / unpainted
Mentor? (A player taught a new player)
Did either player have unfinished  models and / or improper substitutes (Fools Rush In)?
Win / Loss / Tie
Major victory / Minor Victory
Location of game
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 01:55:39 PM by ChadBoudreau »

Uaanaa

• Get ur fingers outta there
    • View Profile
  • Name: Dustin G
Dustin G. Played two games on sunday july 22

First Game:
dustin g (stormcast) vs Justin S (clan moulder skaven i believe)
dustin G Painted
Justin S unpainted
Justin S helped teach me some basics for my first matched game
Win for Justin S
Major victory
Highland Curling Club
Basically got melted by some dudes throwing bottles of poison, wasnt pretty.

Game 2:
Dustin G (stormcast) vs Micheal P (tzeentch)
Both Players Painted
Micheal P assisted in some things like board setup and was patient as I took some time doing turns, also explained his army and moves well enough. Feel like I learned a lot
Both armies fully painted and finished
Win for Micheal P
Minor victory
Micheal P's house
Was looking like a land slide for me until a single spell and a lucky D3 roll opened up my objective for the turn 3 double cap victory for Micheal P

both games went as well as expected and helped me learn loads, appreciate all the help my first two opponents gave me. would be down for somemore games if anyone wanted to message me on here (might take a day or two to respond) or facebook messanger at https://www.facebook.com/thegettle for a more immediate response. Do have an upcoming game thursday july the 26th with Xander K's ironjawz. Would need to schedule a game at comic readers but dont know how
Get ur fingers outta there

ChadBoudreau

Some players have experienced confusion over how objectives are held in Age of Sigmar 2.0. The rules for holding objectives is on page 236 of the core rules:

"When measuring distances to and from objectives, always measure to and from the centre of the marker"

...and....

"At the end of each player's turn, you must check to see if either player has gained control of the objectives. To do so, you and your opponent must count up the number of models you have within 6 inches of the centre of each objective; you gain control of an objective where your count is higher than your opponent's count. Once you gain control of an objective, it remains under your control until the enemy is able to gain control of it."

....and....

"A model can only be counted toward gaining control of one objective per turn. If one of your models could be counted toward gaining more than one objective, you must pick which one they are counted towards that turn."

Now having said that, some battleplans might have specific rules for how objectives are won, controlled and lost. If so, use the battleplan specific rules instead of the rules in the core rules.