Strategy Saturday - Argyle Road Baptist Church - Saturday, August 11, 2018

Started by Allan Luesink, June 25, 2018, 11:22:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan Luesink

-- More info will be posted as this weekend approaches, so be sure to check back here about a week or two prior to the games night. --

*if you would like to volunteer to feature a game for this event, feel free to contact me

Allan Luesink

Hi all,

It's the halfway point of the summer and soon the harvest will be in full swing. In some places it has already started. On the edge of Moose Jaw I saw a field of lentils that had already been combined. That is much sooner than normal.

I have just recently gotten some new games in my collection. Actually, it would be more accurate to say I've updated some games in my collection. My KickStarter funded "Brass: Lancashire" and its sister "Brass: Birmingham" finally made it to my doorstep after a year of waiting. As well, I got two expansions for another game, "Raiders of the North Sea". So what to feature?

Well, I've decided that I'll first feature Raiders of the North Sea and its expansions: Fields of Fame and Hall of Heroes. In the game players will still need to impress the Chieftain by raiding unsuspecting settlements doing this by assembling a crew, collecting provisions and journeying north to plunder gold, iron and livestock. Additionally, players will now be able to access a mead hall (bottoms up!) and recruit more crew which they will need since the settlements they so eager raided previously are now under the protection of mighty defending jarls.

Check out this Video Review

!!!If you have a game you'd like to play and draw some attention to, feel free to volunteer for future Feature Game slots. Just drop me a note and I'll see if we can't get your game in the spotlight.

Strategy Saturday will be at Argyle Road Baptist Church (3510 Argyle Rd) from 7pm to midnight.  As usual we'll have our snack counter open so feel free to contribute a drink or something to munch on.  And feel free to bring along friends (and to forward this invite).

Hope you'll be there,

Allan