Site Finances

• 6 Replies

SaskGamesAdmin

• "Life is Short; Play Games."
    • View Profile
    • SaskGames
Site Finances
« on: February 16, 2011, 08:52:55 PM »
This thread has been started to show transparency of the site finances. Expenses and donations will be reported in this thread.

Balance: $764.14
DATE: 2011-02-16
VENDOR: GoDaddy
DESCRIPTION: Domain Renewal & Hosting (2 Years)
AMOUNT: $232.98 USD
FUNDING: Paid by Matt Robertson

DATE: 2011-02-17
DESCRIPTION: Downgraded the Hosting Account from Deluxe to Economy
AMOUNT: $48.00 USD
FUNDING: Received by Matt Robertson

DATE: 2011-11-28
DESCRIPTION: Added another year and 8 months to Hosting, Domain, and Privacy features to take advantage of a special.
AMOUNT: $113.08 USD

DATE: 2013-11-02
DESCRIPTION: Added another 5 years to Hosting, Domain, and Privacy features for SaskGames.
AMOUNT: $330.21 USD

DATE: 2014-01-13
DESCRIPTION: Added Express Email Marketing to account for Newsletter Campaign Management.
AMOUNT: $135.87 USD
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 12:30:43 PM by Matt Robertson »

Tempest

• Boom!
    • View Profile
Re: Site Finances
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 11:38:22 PM »
I hope you don't mind me posting here, but basically I don't see myself using the forums a lot these days, but I'd still love to show my support by making a donation at some point or another when funding allows. Is there a way to do so, and if so, what is the best way? And just because I'm not so smart, I'm assuming the balance, since it is in red is an amount owing? Or in other words, is almost like a fundraising goal?
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Bix Conners

• --- Bixby's Bar & Grill ---
    • View Profile
    • Detailed Gaming Bio
  • BGG ID: Bixby
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 09:25:34 AM »
Thanks Tempest.

I have pledged to personally support the site and look after needed finances, certainly in the early days. I believe in the site and the benefits it can offer and want to make sure it can grow without worry of finances for the first stages of development. The site has quite a few members right now and the growth seems to be steady and that is a positive sign. I have a couple of things I do through the year to raise funds for various charities, I hope to draw on some of those resources in the days ahead.

Once this site is fully developed, I suspect we may "consider" a paypal voluntary donation button for members who wish to contribute. That is just a possibility.

Stay tuned and THANKS once again for the offer. we will table this to discuss the next time we meet as a group of staff.
>>> Bixby's Bar & Grill <<<
Board Game Events, Gaming Retreats, Mini-Conventions, Fundraising, Disc Golf, Poker, Scotch Tastings, & all around Camaraderie!

Tempest

• Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 01:02:12 PM »
Sounds good! Anything for the community!
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Bix Conners

• View Profile
    • Detailed Gaming Bio
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 01:10:20 PM »
Modified the first post to reflect updated finances.
Board Game Events, Gaming Retreats, Mini-Conventions, Fundraising, Disc Golf, Poker, Scotch Tastings, & all around Camaraderie!

Bix Conners

• View Profile
    • Detailed Gaming Bio
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 08:13:16 PM »
Modified the first post to reflect site finances and announce that the website is fully funded until 2018.

Bix Conners

• View Profile
    • Detailed Gaming Bio
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 12:31:45 PM »
Updated first post with additional financial details re: Campaign Management for SaskGames Newsletter (via Email).