Strategy Saturday - Argyle Road Baptist Church - Saturday, Mar.12, 2011

Started by Allan Luesink, March 05, 2011, 12:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan Luesink

Hi everyone,

March is here and like many of you my thoughts are turning to spring.  I can't wait to shed the layers I've been wearing all winter.  What I can wait for is all the snow that will be melting.  I have way too much snow on my yard.  Hopefully it'll melt OK and drain away into the storm sewers and not my basement.

Our Feature Game this for March will be hosted by Dwayne Wright.  He'll be introducing Age of Industry.  This is the sequel to Brass (the best game I own!) but it has been reworked, and while it shares many similarities with Brass, Age of Industry is a more flexible and easier to get into.  If you've never tried Brass but were curious, Age of Industry will be a great opportunity to try many of the concepts shared in both games.  And if you've played Brass previously, you now have a chance to see another take on that great theme.

We'll be in the basement of Argyle Road Baptist Church (3510 Argyle Rd) from 7pm to midnight.  As usual we'll have our snack counter open so feel free to contribute a drink or something to munch on.  And feel free to bring along friends.

If you're planning to attend why not post below and let people know.  You can mention any games that you're planning to bring so that others have a chance to reply and join in.

Hope to see you there,

Allan
(along with Michael and Barry)

PS - If you have a game you'd like to see featured, either one you own or maybe one you've heard of but haven't been able to try, contact me and we'll see what we can do to host it at Strategy Saturday.

Bix Conners

Anyone up for a game of one of the following?

Lifeboats

Ants

Sky Runner

Powerboats
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

Bellis

Matt, if you still need some interested players, I think both Joan and I would be interested in trying Ants!, Sky Runner, and/or Power Boats. (I've never played Lifeboats, but from what I've heard, I think it would probably be a little too diabolical for Joan to enjoy.)   :D

Bix Conners

Quote from: Bellis on March 07, 2011, 02:00:43 AM
Matt, if you still need some interested players, I think both Joan and I would be interested in trying Ants!, Sky Runner, and/or Power Boats. (I've never played Lifeboats, but from what I've heard, I think it would probably be a little too diabolical for Joan to enjoy.)   :D

Awesome. What time can you be there for a game start?

Bellis

Joan usually has a fairly busy schedule on Saturday afternoon, so I better say that you shouldn't expect us until sometime in the 7:30 to 7:45 range just to be on the safe side. And Matt, as far as length of stay goes, we are usually there until close to midnight, so depending on your intended length of stay, or the availability of any other players that you would also like to be a part of some/all of your game sessions, filling up your evening with game playing should not be a problem.  :) :)

Bix Conners

Quote from: Bellis on March 07, 2011, 02:56:12 PM
Joan usually has a fairly busy schedule on Saturday afternoon, so I better say that you shouldn't expect us until sometime in the 7:30 to 7:45 range just to be on the safe side. And Matt, as far as length of stay goes, we are usually there until close to midnight, so depending on your intended length of stay, or the availability of any other players that you would also like to be a part of some/all of your game sessions, filling up your evening with game playing should not be a problem.  :) :)

Thanks, I will be there at 7:45pm. If I show up earlier, I would just end up getting involved in a game then it would be cat and mouse for us to try to get a game in. :)

Look forward to some games on Saturday.
Matt

Bellis

John Kennedy

I expect to arrive between 7:30 and 7:45 as well... can you save me a seat at the table?

Bix Conners

Excellent John. Right now we have,

Matt Robertson
Barry Ellis
Joan Ellis
John Kennedy
Xealoth

We are looking at Powerboats, Sky Runner, and Ants!

Xealoth

I was invited by Matt to come tonight, so I'll be there about 7:30 and I'll be bringing Cave Troll. I'm excited to meet lots of new people :)