Strategy Saturday - Argyle Road Baptist Church - Saturday, Apr. 9, 2011

Started by Allan Luesink, April 03, 2011, 08:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan Luesink

Hi everyone,

Winter, winter go away.  Come again another day!!  Man, it's taking a long time for the snow to leave.  It's like we're all getting a collective April Fool's Joke that winter is not going to end.  Well, whether the snow stays or goes, this weekend is Strategy Saturday.

Our Feature Game this for March will be Risk: The Lord of the Rings Trilogy Edition.  Growing up, Risk was the game that hooked me on board games.  This version of Risk has a great map and some interesting twists that allows players to recreate their version of Tolkien's epic saga.

We'll be in the basement of Argyle Road Baptist Church (3510 Argyle Rd) from 7pm to midnight.  As usual we'll have our snack counter open so feel free to contribute a drink or something to munch on.  And feel free to bring along friends.

If you're planning to attend why not post below and let people know.  You can mention any games that you're planning to bring so that others have a chance to reply and join in.

Hope to see you there,

Allan
(along with Michael and Barry)

PS - If you have a game you'd like to see featured, either one you own or maybe one you've heard of but haven't been able to try, contact me and we'll see what we can do to host it at Strategy Saturday.

Bix Conners

As far as I know, I should be able to attend this. Will know more mid-week...

Anyone up for playing:

(1) Factory Fun.
(2) Carcassonne with multiple Expansions.
(3) Power Struggle.
(4) RoboRally.
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

Bix Conners

James:
If you are attending, perhaps we could play Modern Naval Battles if you are still up for teaching that.
Matt

Allan Luesink

Warning!!!

Factory Fun will mess you up!  Your mind is guaranteed to be completely convoluted at the completion of your "factory".    :D

Bix Conners

Ha. Double booked, cannot make this. I should look into using one of those new fangled devices called a calendar. :)

And Kathy & I played Factory Fun tonight. I suck at spatial relation games. :D