Strategy Saturday - Argyle Road Baptist Church - Saturday, February 10, 2018

Started by Allan Luesink, January 07, 2018, 06:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan Luesink

-- More info will be posted as this weekend approaches, so be sure to check back here about a week or two prior to the games night. --

*if you would like to volunteer to feature a game for this event, feel free to contact me

Allan Luesink

Hi all,

I hope that February finds you doing well. For me, it finds 'me busy with life and work. I'm sure you've all have those moments when life is a treadmill and you're just running to keep up. And since this 'treadmill' doesn't stop, we run.

February is also the month that we have a Family Day holiday - a chance to step off the treadmill for a moment and appreciate that life is good because of the people around us. For the Feature Game this month, I'm going to keep it simple with a game that is fun and very family friendly: Qwirkle. If you've never played Qwirkle, you need to give it a try. Its a simple tile laying game in the spirit of Scrabble but using shapes and colours instead of letters. Definitely a game that can be played and enjoyed with all ages.

Check out this Video Review

!!! If you have a game you'd like to play and draw some attention to, feel free to volunteer for future Feature Game slots. Just drop me a note and I'll see if we can't get your game in the spotlight.

Strategy Saturday will be at Argyle Road Baptist Church (3510 Argyle Rd) from 7pm to midnight.  As usual we'll have our snack counter open so feel free to contribute a drink or something to munch on.  And feel free to bring along friends (and to forward this invite).

Hope you'll be there,

Allan

Cordawg

Hey I'm bringing out azul if people are intrested

Check out this Video Review