Strategy Saturday - Argyle Road Baptist Church - Saturday, April 14, 2018

Started by Allan Luesink, January 07, 2018, 06:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan Luesink

-- More info will be posted as this weekend approaches, so be sure to check back here about a week or two prior to the games night. --

*if you would like to volunteer to feature a game for this event, feel free to contact me

Allan Luesink

Hi everyone,

Winter will soon be gone ... maybe. Unfortunately it doesn't have a certifiable end date that we can mark on our calendar with assured anticipation. To make up for it, we can mark on our calendar the second Saturday of each month in anticipation of an evening of gaming.

Two games will be featured for this weekend's Strategy Saturday. The first will be Railways of Nippon. This is the classic game of "Railways of the World" (originally released as "Railroad Tycoon") set in the country of Japan. The game takes place during Japan's rapid industrial growth during the Meiji era, where you take the role of one of the entrepreneurial railroad barons of that time. Cory will be bringing this game; he also has an alternative map for Canada if players prefer something closer to home.
The second game is going to be Axis and Allies Anniversary Edition. Since 1981 Axis and Allies has been one of the most successful war games ever released. The game allows player to test their wit and luck in this re-enactment of WWII to see if they can change or duplicate the results of this epic historical conflict. This edition of the game introduces the 3rd Axis power (Italy) as well a new units and a redesigned world map. If you're interested in this game, check out the rules in the links below so that we can dive right into game play.

!!! If you have a game you'd like to play and draw some attention to, feel free to volunteer for future Feature Game slots. Just drop me a note and I'll see if we can't get your game into the spotlight.

Strategy Saturday will be at Argyle Road Baptist Church (3510 Argyle Rd) from 7pm to midnight.  As usual we'll have our snack counter open so feel free to contribute a drink or something to munch on.  And feel free to bring along friends (and to forward this invite).

Hope you'll be there,

Allan

KimberlyCupcake

Oooh, Its been a while since I've been to a strategy Saturday. Sooo I'll be there this week :D
  Also Cory is pretty cool. Would I be able to reserve a spot in Railways of Nippon? If not that's totally okay.

Allan Luesink

If your there @7pm you should have no trouble getting in on the game.

MikeMcC

I'll be there tonight. 

Not sure of my gaming plays yet... maybe the Canada version of Railways, otherwise the 'wing-it' strategy.  Dinosaur Island would be great if someone has it.  Maybe Century Spice Road.  Perhaps Terraforming Mars.  Or Mission Red Planet.  Or Champions of Midgard.  Or Great Zimbabwae...   or Fresco...   or Photosynthesis...  or Istanbul...  or...    or...