Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - January 23, 2018 (18:30)

Started by R Newell, December 07, 2017, 01:37:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R Newell

Jim, you would have to twist my arm until it snaps, at which point I would thankfully be going to the hospital instead of playing Great Western Trail.   :)

Jennifer

SMORLEY

Reynard

Bringing out Among the Stars, which is similar to 7 Wonders in that it is a card drafting game with the goal of building a space station. There are some other mechanics to it, but it isn't difficult.

Note for Ambassador: Would need a large table, ideally one of the round tables if possible.

GAME: Among the Stars
TEACHER: Reynard
START TIME: 8:00pm
DURATION: 1.5h
# OF PLAYERS: 4
URL: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/110277/among-stars
"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again."

― Robert Jordan

Lori

Quote from: Reynard on January 19, 2018, 08:35:02 AM
Note for Ambassador: Would need a large table, ideally one of the round tables if possible.

We don't reserve tables (outside of mobility needs) but if the round table in our designated area is already full you can check with Jill about arranging a space for you!  That one definitely creates some interesting shapes.

Reynard

Quote from: Lori on January 19, 2018, 09:27:39 AM

We don't reserve tables (outside of mobility needs) but if the round table in our designated area is already full you can check with Jill about arranging a space for you!  That one definitely creates some interesting shapes.

Thanks, as per the venue information:

"We ask that larger-sized games be planned for 7:30 and later after Boston Pizza's dinner rush when we can spill out into the dining area, if needed, and with the restaurant's permission." so I am simply making the Ambassador aware that I intend to spill out into the dining area in advance. It is not clear from the venue rules whether we approach the restaurant for permission. Either way, it should not be read as a reservation request but rather one which seeks to conform to those very rules drafted for this venue.
"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again."

― Robert Jordan

prairieguy

Lori

Quote from: Reynard on January 19, 2018, 09:39:54 AM
Quote from: Lori on January 19, 2018, 09:27:39 AM

Thanks, as per the venue information:

"We ask that larger-sized games be planned for 7:30 and later after Boston Pizza's dinner rush when we can spill out into the dining area, if needed, and with the restaurant's permission." so I am simply making the Ambassador aware that I intend to spill out into the dining area in advance. It is not clear from the venue rules whether we approach the restaurant for permission. Either way, it should not be read as a reservation request but rather one which seeks to conform to those very rules drafted for this venue.

I knew you knew, but I wanted to comment so that newer people would know what we know.  :lol 

The ambassador is the contact point between Boston Pizza and our passionate gamers so they would get permission for you. I'll put a clarification in the venue info.

Tyson

If anyone needs to drop from DOW please let me know I have a spare I was spappose to sign up but spaced on. If not see you on Tuesday.

prairieguy

please remove me from Among the Stars - forgot I am busy Tuesday