Prairie Game eXpo - Core Ritchie Centre - Saturday, Jan 13th, 2018 (9am) FREE!

Started by Dana_Tillusz, September 15, 2017, 02:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteamPunch

We had some great coverage by local media at PGX this past weekend. Check it out below!

CBC - Brad sat down and played a game with Alex Soloducha

CTV - Great interview with Nathan and Derek from Regina Game Forge

Leader Post - Warhammer inspiring Mike Hintze to write short stories

Global - Also in attendance, but the clip is not available online.

Thanks so much for everyone at PGX who were willing to share their stories about board gaming in Saskatchewan!

Rosencrantz

Quote from: bboileau on January 14, 2018, 01:36:00 PM
Attendance / Volunteer Draw (Yamatai): Chase Mulatz

Yamatai is available for pick up at the Downtown ComicReaders location, at your convenience! Congratulations!

Hey, cool!  This is my son.  Can I pick it up on his behalf or do I need to have him with me?

Thanks! 
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." - Archimedes

tlh878

Thanks to Mike for teaching me 7 Wonders, Murray for inviting me to play 5 Minute Dungeon, and someone whose name I didn't get (sorry) for letting me play Captain Sonar.  This was my most enjoyable PGX of the three I have attended.  :) 
I'm happy to bring out any game I own.  Link to my BGG list Let me know :)

MikeMcC

Quote from: tlh878 on January 15, 2018, 10:22:04 PM
Thanks to Mike for teaching me 7 Wonders, Murray for inviting me to play 5 Minute Dungeon, and someone whose name I didn't get (sorry) for letting me play Captain Sonar.  This was my most enjoyable PGX of the three I have attended.  :)
You're welcome.  Glad you enjoyed the game(s) and PGX.  Perhaps we can expect to see you at future PGX's and maybe even other regular game events sometime.

tlh878

Quote from: MikeMcC on January 15, 2018, 11:16:49 PM
Quote from: tlh878 on January 15, 2018, 10:22:04 PM
You're welcome.  Glad you enjoyed the game(s) and PGX.  Perhaps we can expect to see you at future PGX's and maybe even other regular game events sometime.

I've been to a few PGX's in the past, but was always too shy/nervous to get too involved.  That is also what has kept me from attending Tuesday events. I hope to come out to one at some point, but it still seems very intimidating.  (I'm also booked up on Tuesday with a class now until the end of March).  I will work hard to overcome my fear/intimidation and make it out to some more events I am sure.
Thanks again :)
I'm happy to bring out any game I own.  Link to my BGG list Let me know :)

PhotoJim

Quote from: tlh878 on January 16, 2018, 06:13:57 PMI've been to a few PGX's in the past, but was always too shy/nervous to get too involved.  That is also what has kept me from attending Tuesday events. I hope to come out to one at some point, but it still seems very intimidating.  (I'm also booked up on Tuesday with a class now until the end of March).  I will work hard to overcome my fear/intimidation and make it out to some more events I am sure.

Don't be shy - if you look lost when you come, our evening's ambassador will come talk to you and help you find a game, or you can sign up for one in advance.  We're very welcoming to new people :)

If you intend to come, you could always post in a thread and give us a sense of what kind of game you're comfortable with, and we can help find you a good match.
Avidly gaming since 1972.

Dana_Tillusz

Nik, Brad and Devin...looks like I owe you a 3-D Viking Horn for Blood Rage. Sorry I forgot to add that to the PGX stuff. Let me know the best way to get them to you.
Snikt!

NeikeDjour

Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

Dana_Tillusz

Snikt!