Prairie Game eXpo - Core Ritchie Centre - Saturday, Jan 13th, 2018 (9am) FREE!

Started by Dana_Tillusz, September 15, 2017, 02:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike McCall

GAME: Torg Eternity Day One demos (RPG)
TEACHER: Mike McCall
START TIME: 12 noon
DURATION: 2-3 hours
# OF PLAYERS: 2-6 players
URL: https://rpggeek.com/rpgitem/228481/torg-eternity

The world has been invaded by other realities! Each of the invaders has claimed part of the world and transformed it to resemble their own! But all is not lost! Heroic Storm Knights stand against the High Lords, and take up weapons, magic and even stranger gifts to free Core Earth!

Play a quick scenario as a newly-transformed Storm Knight on the first day of the invasion. There are 7 scenarios, highlighting the 7 invading cosms. Which one(s) we play will be players' choice

trimmer

SteamPunch

You may have to tweak the rules for the Smash Up tournament. One game of 4-player Smash Up generally takes an hour (though 45 minutes is not unreasonable), so we won't be able to get 3 rounds completed in the preliminary round. You may also need to have a tie-breaker rule.

I would also recommend modifying the base rules to be bases equal to the number of players, instead of the rulebook's number of players +1. It helps speed things up.

I couldn't comment on the locked post.

All that being said, I am definitely in for the Smash Up and 7 Wonders tournaments!

Lori

Dana_Tillusz

Quote from: SteamPunch on November 06, 2017, 09:18:16 AM
You may have to tweak the rules for the Smash Up tournament. One game of 4-player Smash Up generally takes an hour (though 45 minutes is not unreasonable), so we won't be able to get 3 rounds completed in the preliminary round. You may also need to have a tie-breaker rule.

I would also recommend modifying the base rules to be bases equal to the number of players, instead of the rulebook's number of players +1. It helps speed things up.

I couldn't comment on the locked post.

All that being said, I am definitely in for the Smash Up and 7 Wonders tournaments!

Thanks for the feedback, Davey. I will adjust the tournament.
Snikt!

Dana_Tillusz

We were just informed by our partner, the Al Ritchie Community Association, that PGX has been moved to January 13, 2017 (from the 27th).

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
Snikt!

KimberlyCupcake

zeker

Hey! The change of date is great for me, I wasn't going to make much or all of the 27th, but the 13th is great.

A number of people expressed interest in Yamataï when I brought it out on Tuesday so I will sign it up again.

GAME:  Yamataï
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/213893/yamatai
TEACHER:  Steve (zeker)
START TIME: 10:00 am
DURATION: 120 Minutes
# OF PLAYERS: 4
1. zeker

Lori

trimmer

GAME: 1830:Railways & Robber Barons
TEACHER: Darrin Bailey (trimmer)
START TIME: 10:00 AM
DURATION: 360 min.
# OF PLAYERS: 6
URL: 1830:Railways & Robber Barons

1. trimmer

*** Don't worry if you don't know how to play 1830 but do be prepared for a very long game.   :o