Saskatoon Game Designers

• 0 Replies

DeeCeptor

Saskatoon Game Designers
« on: August 31, 2017, 12:03:31 PM »
Greetings! I'm excited to announce the first meeting of the Saskatoon Game Designers group. What will the meeting be about? GAMES! People will bring videogame or boardgame prototypes they've been working on, and we'll try 'em out! If we run out of prototypes to play, we can play some released boardgames, so feel free to bring your favourites! We'll split up into groups based on which games people want try, with those arriving early getting first pick of the groups.

When
The first Thursday of each month, at 7:00pm
Meeting #1, Thursday September 7th

Where
2nd floor of the Thorvaldson Building, at the University of Saskatchewan in room 205A.
Building: http://www.usask.ca/maps/?id=e4e413b680e9c1d4466a37286d5fccd3
Room: https://facilities.usask.ca/documents/floorplans/Thorv-2.pdf
Message me if you need any help finding it.

If you'd like to present a game, please post on this event, or message me ahead of time. If there are too many people wishing to present their games, we'll make sure they get first dibs to present their game in the next meeting.

Not sure your game is ready for public viewing? That's OK, as we aren't the public! We know these games aren't finished, so it's ok to bring a terrible looking prototype. The visuals often come last when making a game, so don't be embarassed with the looks of your game. Is the gameplay not finished? That's alright. We can try out what there is, and give feedback on how to flesh it out.

There will be a projector that can be connected to a computer if you wish to present a videogame. I will bring 4 usb xbox controllers and a laptop, but you will either need to bring the game on a USB stick or your own laptop.

Other links:
Facebook
Not Facebook
The Facebook page will have the most up-to-date information.

Q: How long will this meeting last?
A: Probably until 10:00 or 11:00pm. You certainly don't need to stay the whole time.

Q: Can I come late?
A: Yes! Better late than never!

Q: Do I have to be a university student to attend?
A: No! All are welcome.

Q: Do I have to bring a game prototype?
A: No! Being a playtester is also important!

Q: Can I bring my favourite (video/board)games to play with others?
A: Sure, but the emphasis should be on trying people's prototypes first.

Q: Do I have to pay to be member or attend?
A: Nope.

Thanks goes to the University of Saskatchewan and Computer Science department for providing the venue, the CSSS and Rowan Yates for help in organizing.