Prairie Game eXpo - Core Ritchie Centre - Saturday, Sept 23rd, 2017 (9am) FREE!

Started by Dana_Tillusz, June 14, 2017, 11:21:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDBrown

I don't tell you how to tell me what to do so don't tell me how to do what you told me to do.
---Bender

Bryce Robinson

I take requests. See my collection here. http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/brycrbnsn

WDBrown

Unfortunately I'm going to have to withdraw from the King of Tokyo tournament. Stupid work.
I don't tell you how to tell me what to do so don't tell me how to do what you told me to do.
---Bender

silentsleepy

Going to be showing up with my 3 year old little boy. First board PGX for the both of us.

Dana_Tillusz

:scrab-p :scrab-r :scrab-i :scrab-z :scrab-e :scrab-s

Thanks to Random.org the following people won the door prizes and received them at the event:

Early Bird Draw (Shadow Games): Devin Ashley
Early Bird Draw (Ninja Taishen): Jim MacKenzie
Early Bird Draw (Dungeon Raiders): Avery Henry
Early Bird Draw (3-4 Headed Monster): Mike McCallion

Attendance / Volunteer Draw (Pyramid Poker): tbrminsanity (Thomas B)

Pyramid Poker is available for pick up at the South ComicReaders location, at your convenience! Congratulations!
Snikt!

Dana_Tillusz

:scrab-t :scrab-h :scrab-a :scrab-n :scrab-k :scrab-blank :scrab-y :scrab-o :scrab-u

A big thanks to everyone who attended our 12th PGX and those who chipped in to make PGX a success!

Special thanks to the following volunteers: Davey, John W, Mike M, Darrin, Gary, Brent, Devin, Jill, Darrell, Marshall, Adam, Roxanne, Dallas, Derek, Nick, Lori, Ryan N, The Pathfinder Society, & iLot!! And everyone who helped with teardown!

A big thank you to Al Ritchie Association for running the canteen!

PGX wouldn't have been possible without the hard work of the PGX planning committee and SaskGames executive: Brad, Chad, & Mike. Thanks guys!
Snikt!

Dana_Tillusz

Prairie Game Expo Recap

Image by: Mikko Saari (msaari) on BoardGameGeek

ATTENDANCE: 134

BOARD GAMES PLAYED: Flipships, Secrets, Kingdomino, A Distant Plain, Oracle of Delphi, Animal Upon Animal, King of Tokyo, Lanterns, Roll Player, Taj Mahal, Big 4, Hero Realms, Star Realms, Ice Cool, Clank, Ticket to Ride, Netrunner, Jenga, Sagrada, Forbidden Island, Morels, Cartagena, S'quarrels, Magic Maze, Roll Through the Ages: The Bronze Age, Cockroach Poker, tummple!, Rhino Hero, Connect 4, Hanabi, Lords of Waterdeep, Dutch Blitz, Hamsterolle, World's Fair 1893, Dominion, Villa Paletti, Tsuro, Enchanted Tower, Viva Java, Not Alone, Tiny Epic Galaxies, Fantasy Realms, Lisboa, Mystic Vale, Legend of the 5 Rings, Acquire, Castles of Burgundy: The Card Game, Monty Python Fluxx, Elk Fest, Smash Up, Stone Age, Hanabi, Unearth, Carcassonne, Elder Sign, Lost Cities, Star Wars: Imperial Assault, Vast, Zombicide: Black Plague, Caylus, Can't Stop & more! (Please let us know what you played that I missed recording!)

RPGS PLAYED: Pathfinder, Starfinder

COLLECTIBLE CARD GAMES PLAYED: Dragon Ball Super, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Cardfight Vanguard, Final Fantasy

MINIATURE GAMES PLAYED: Warhammer 40K, X-Wing, Heroclix

LOCALLY DESIGNED GAMES PLAYED: Pawn, First Past the Post & Galactic Payload

HIGHLIGHTS:
(1) 134 attendees.
(2) Big thanks to anyone who taught games at Prairie Game Expo-- whether you were an official Prairie Game Expo Ambassador or an attendee kind enough to invite people to your table.
(3) It was good to see so many role-playing games, cccgs, and miniatures games featured.
(4) Special thanks to SaskGames, Al Ritchie Community Centre, & Core Ritchie Community Centre.

Also, if you have any thoughts or feedback about these events, send an email to PGX@SaskGames.com
Snikt!

Dana_Tillusz

Also, thanks to all those who played King of Tokyo with my 4-year old daughter, Sam. I know it must have been difficult losing to her. You're the best!
Snikt!

SteamPunch

Thanks so much to both CTV and Global who came out to cover the event.

CTV's coverage at the following link at the 20:20 mark - http://regina.ctvnews.ca/video?binId=1.1165857

I will keep an eye out for the Global coverage, and update accordingly!