Prairie Game eXpo - Core Ritchie Centre - Saturday, Sept 23rd, 2017 (9am) FREE!

Started by Dana_Tillusz, June 14, 2017, 11:21:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDBrown

Sign me up for the King of Tokyo tournament please!  Maybe being first to sign up will improve my tournament results.  :lol
I don't tell you how to tell me what to do so don't tell me how to do what you told me to do.
---Bender

ChadBoudreau

Prairie Game Expo is proud to announce that the Saskatchewan Pathfinder Society is attending once again!

GAME: Pathfinder
TEACHER: Saskatchewan Pathfinder Society
START TIME: 10:00am
DURATION: up to 60 minutes per Scenario, multiple scenarios to play.
PLAYERS: 6 max. at a table
Games will start as spots fill up. No pre-registration required.

Pathfinder is a fantasy roleplaying game that is developed by Paizo. Characters travel across nations completing scenarios and quests throughout Golarian. Playing in nations like Andoran, Cheliax, Neb, Mana Wastes, or fighting at the Worldwound. Pathfinder is a great way to start a RPG and with a system with various resource material you can customize your character to no end. The sessions can include world building, teambuilding, exploration, combat, and much more.

Organized play uses a specific campaign setting and runs the Pathfinder Society. Characters are created and registered to play in any sanctioned SFS event globally or locally. These characters receive chronicle sheets at the end of each sanctioned event and can be used where Pathfinder is available. Saskatchewan's Pathfinder/Starfinder Society fosters an enjoyable playing atmosphere and encourages assorted styles of gaming. Sign up and participation is free at our public events. We host sessions at Dragon's Den Games (Saskatoon) and ComicReaders Downtown (Regina). If you have any further questions you can contact us at SaskatchewanPFS@outlook.com

trimmer

Lori

Quote from: trimmer on August 18, 2017, 09:01:34 PM
Can I volunteer for the registration table from 9AM-10AM?

Darrin, the volunteer schedule is here but the 1st couple hours have already been claimed.

ChadBoudreau

GAME: X-Wing: Star Wars Miniatures - Top Gun Academy 100 Point Tournament
ORGANIZER: Derek Chow
DURATION: 6 hours
PLAYERS: 12 player maximum
DETAILS: X-Wing will once again be featured at Prairie Game Expo.  This tournament will follow standard FFG X-Wing tournament rules with some special exceptions.  The player roster limit will be capped at 12 participants.  There will be 4 rounds of swiss played at 75 min. each in length.  We will stop and take a break after the second game for lunch.  To avoid anyone having to sit out in bye rounds, the organizer (Derek) will only play in the tournament if we have an odd number of entrants, otherwise he will organize and run a learn to play station as well.   A prize support kit for the tourney is being donated by ComicReaders Downtown.

This is a 100 point, 6 obstacle dogfight. 

The exceptions to the standard tourney rules are as follows:

Only ships with a base pilot skill of between 1 to 6 are legal to play.  Veteran Instincts and Adaptability EPT cards are legal, but cannot increase a ship's pilot skill to above 6.  Adaptability cannot be used to decrease a pilot skill 7 ship down to 6.  Hyperwave Comm Scanner upgrade cards, Roark Garnet pilot card, and Epsilon Ace pilot cards are all legal for play.

To register for a spot in the tournament please post a reply.  Pre-registration is not necessary to participate, but there is a limit of 12 players.

Sheldyn

ChadBoudreau

Shawn and Sheldyn have been added to the X-Wing Tournament roster.

DCStyles

Please add Chad L., William B. and Matt M. to the X-Wing tourney

My collection of board games:  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/chowman13     Feel free to request something and I'll bring it out!

ChadBoudreau

Prairie Game Expo is proud to announce that the Saskatchewan Pathfinder Society will be running sessions of the newly released Starfinder RPG.

GAME: Starfinder
TEACHER: Saskatchewan Pathfinder / Starfinder Society
DURATION: up to 60 minutes per introductory quest, multiple quests to play
PLAYERS: 6 max. at a table
Games will start as spots fill up. No pre-registration required.

Starfinder is a tabletop science fiction roleplaying game that is developed by Paizo. Characters travel the stars completing scenarios and quests throughout the universe. Playing in worlds like Eox, Akition, or fighting the Vesk empire in space. Starfinder is a great way to start an RPG and with a brand-new system released August 17th 2017 there is much more to be explored. The sessions can include world building, teambuilding, exploration, starship or vehicle combat and much more.

Organized play uses a specific campaign setting and runs the Starfinder Society. Characters are created and registered to play in any sanctioned SFS event globally or locally. These characters receive chronicle sheets at the end of each sanctioned event and can be used where Starfinder is available. Saskatchewan's Pathfinder/Starfinder Society fosters an enjoyable playing atmosphere and encourages assorted styles of gaming. Sign up and participation is free at our public events. We host sessions at Dragon's Den Games (Saskatoon) and ComicReaders Downtown (Regina). If you have any further questions you can contact us at SaskatchewanPFS@outlook.com