Magic - Sealed deck league...

Started by Jason Doan, February 13, 2011, 05:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Doan

How much interest would there be in having one.  I'm fine doing the work but only if we have a good number of people interested.  What length of time would people like?  What kind of rules and structure should such a league have?

bossgto

What kind of cost would be associated with this league? What sets would we use and when would we play?

Boss

Jason Doan

All good questions. 

Cost:  I would assume something in the $25 - $30 range to cover the cost of the cards and some amount of prizes.

Sets:  Well, the newest sets are the best price.  If we were to use Scars block it would be best to not dilute the card pool with cards from other sets as it would be difficult to play a strategy like metalcraft or infect without 6 packs from that block.  I'd be cool with just using the core set as well.

When to play:  Between rounds of, or before or after other tourneys?  At a time and place you and an opponent can decide on? 

bossgto

Sounds like a plan count me in if there is any counting to be done.

Boss

InsertCoins

JohnKapp

Jason Morton

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that... he's gone." -Verbal Kint

Mark

I would likely be interested as well.  What days/location would games be at?

dafish

COuld be great! back home we all started with a sealed pool and made a 60 card deck on the dot. uplayed against an opp and when u won u cut a random card from his sideboard and add it to ur pool.plus 1 rating for a win minus 1 rating for a lose.lasting about a month.at minus10 u could but a pack and go to 0