Prairie Game eXpo - Core Ritchie Centre - Saturday, May 27th, 2017 (9am) FREE!

Started by Dana_Tillusz, February 02, 2017, 09:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChadBoudreau

Gloop

Buckie_poo

I will be attending & would like to sign up for Dungeon lords at 12:30.

Lawrence

Ukamoc

MikeMcC

I'll grab the last spot for CLANK (ya, it means waking up ungodly early, but I'll give it a try).

MikeMcC

I've put together a chart (attached) showing all the PGX events - games, tournament, Learn-to-Play, times, durations, etc.  This may help people plan their PGX activities.

(this is an updated version of the chart I posted yesterday - to reflect some recent additions and deletions)

dyobb

dyobb

In the Game Design corner, I will be hosting an RPG called Checkbox Adventures! beginning at 10 am.

GAME: Checkbox Adventures!
DESIGNER: Dyson Yobb
START TIME: 10:00 am
DURATION: 60 minutes
4 PLAYERS:

Checkbox Adbventures is a one-page, GM-less RPG. We discover the setting, characters and plot as we explore a fun, exciting story together in this quick, one-shot RPG! Onward to Adventure!

tbrminsanity

Have fun, play games!

Tempest

Quote from: DCStyles on May 07, 2017, 09:46:16 AM

GAME: X-Wing: Star Wars Miniatures - Wave 1 to 3 101 Pt. Tournament
ORGANIZER: Derek Chow
START TIME: 10:00am
DURATION: 6 hours
PLAYERS: 10 player maximum
DETAILS: X-Wing will once again be featured at Prairie Game Expo.  This tournament will follow standard FFG X-Wing tourney rules with some special exceptions.  The player roster limit will be capped at 10 participants.  There will be 4 rounds of swiss played at 75 min. each in length.  We will stop and take a break after the second game for lunch.  To avoid anyone having to sit out in bye rounds, I will only play in the tournament if we have an odd number of entrants, otherwise I will be organizing and running a learn to play station as well.   A prize support kit for the tourney is being generously donated by ComicReaders downtown.  The exceptions to the standard tourney rules are as follows:

Wave 1 to 3 ships only

It is my intention to feature classic Star Wars ships from the original trilogy at this PGX.  Thus only ships from Waves 1 to 3 will be allowed to be fielded.  This means no scum, and a limited roster of Rebel and Imperial ships.  However, ship upgrade cards from any wave will still be legal.  A list of available ships to use are as follows:

Rebel:
T-65 X-Wing
Y-Wing
YT-1300 Freighter (Rebel pilots only, NO Resistance)
A-Wing
B-Wing
HWK-290

Imperial:
TIE Fighter
TIE Advanced
Slave 1 (Imperial pilots only, NO Scum)
TIE Interceptor
TIE Bomber
Lambda-Class Shuttle

101 Point Squads
Ever feel like you designed the perfect squad, only to find out it was 1 point over 100?  Well you won't have to worry about that here.  The squad point limit will be capped at 101 points instead of the standard 100 at this tournament. 

To register for a spot in the tournament please post a reply in this PGX forum or on the Star Wars X-Wing Regina Facebook page (but not both!).  Pre-registration is not necessary to participate, but there is a limit of 10 players.

Dumb question, but this includes pilots too, right? I feel like there's certain pilots (Like imperial aces, for example) that came out after those waves. Those are okay to use, yes?
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.