Prairie Game eXpo - Core Ritchie Centre - Saturday, May 27th, 2017 (9am) FREE!

Started by Dana_Tillusz, February 02, 2017, 09:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChadBoudreau

Prairie Game Expo is proud to announce that the Saskatchewan Pathfinder Society is attending once again!

GAME: Pathfinder
TEACHER: Saskatchewan Pathfinder Society
START TIME: 10:00am
DURATION: up to 60 minutes per Scenario, multiple scenarios to play.
PLAYERS: 6 max. at a table
Games will start as spots fill up. No pre-registration required.

Pathfinder is a tabletop fantasy roleplaying game developed by Paizo. Characters are used to complete various adventures and scenarios to further their factions and the pathfinder organization. We accept groups of people or individuals that would like to test out pathfinder. If you choose to register for the organized play, your character will be valid to be used at any sanctioned Pathfinder events. It is a great way to jump into the world of roleplaying and easy to introduce new players. Each introduction scenario is developed for new players and the pre-generated characters used are easy to use. Tables can vary from 4 players to 6 and we will have multiple Game Masters available to assist. If you have any further questions feel free to email us at SaskatoonPFS@gmail.com

BritAdam

Hey, Brad and I would like to sign up for Pathfinder at 10am, but if I am reading the post correctly do we just show up and the first 6 to the table will get to play? Or can we actually sign up for it here?
- Brit A.

trimmer

I would like to volunteer for the registration table from 9-10AM.

bboileau

Hi Brit,

These sessions are organized as drop-ins so you just show up and get into a 1-hour session with the Pathfinder group.

Brad

Quote from: BritAdam on April 08, 2017, 12:40:51 AM
Hey, Brad and I would like to sign up for Pathfinder at 10am, but if I am reading the post correctly do we just show up and the first 6 to the table will get to play? Or can we actually sign up for it here?
Here is my collection, trades, and wishlist on bgg if something should peak your interest!

ChadBoudreau

QuoteHey, Brad and I would like to sign up for Pathfinder at 10am, but if I am reading the post correctly do we just show up and the first 6 to the table will get to play? Or can we actually sign up for it here?

I agree with bboileau's response but would like to add that if you have interest in Pathfinder you respond to this forum to express your interest. Seeing how much interest there is in advance helps the Pathfinder folks organise their day. That said, people are welcome to simply "drop in" for a session on the day of Prairie Game Expo.

ChadBoudreau

LEARN TO PLAY

Prairie Game Expo is proud to announce its first Learn to Play selection for May 2017: The Game on Fire. This is a cooperative card game.

GAME:The Game
TEACHER: Chad Boudreau
START TIME: 9:00am
DURATION:This session is from 9am - 11am. Each game of The Game will take approximately 30 minutes.
PLAYERS: Each session supports a maximum of 5 players.
Games will start as spots fill up. No pre-registration required.

ChadBoudreau

GAME: Runewars Miniatures Game
ORGANIZER: Nathan S
START TIME: Multiple sessions (see Details below)
END TIME: Multiple sessions (see Details below)
PLAYERS: Multiple sessions (see Details below)
DETAILS: Runewars: The Miniatures Game is a miniatures game released by Fantasy Flight Games in April 2017. Nathan S will have two tables of Runewars: The Miniatures Game set-up at Prairie Game Expo. If you want to play a full game of Runewars: The Miniatures Game, Nathan S will teach you and an opponent how to play. If you want to learn the game but not commit to a full session, Nathan S will show you how the game works. If you are curious about the game please drop by to watch the game in action. The sessions listed below are for full games only. If you want to play Runewars please respond to this thread to book a session.

Session 1a
Start: 10am
Duration: 120minutes
2 players

Session 1b
Start: 10am
2 players

Session 2a
Start: 2pm
2 players

Game Information: Runewars: The Miniatures Game is a two-player miniatures game of battles between the great powers of Terrinoth. In each game, you and your opponent will gather armies of miniatures and lead them into battle—blocks of infantry will maneuver for position, cavalry wings will wheel and slam into a weakened flank, and monstrous rune golems or carrion lancers will smash through formations of lesser warriors. Innovative command tools, two distinct factions, and countless ways to customize your experience combine to offer an unparalleled miniatures gaming experience in RuneWars. Finally, with forty-eight beautifully sculpted, unpainted figures, you'll be able to paint and customize your armies to bring an entirely unique touch to your games and enter the hobby of miniatures painting!

R Newell

Ooooh... I think I'll be joining a session of Runewars Miniatures!   :excited

Cordawg

Hey guys I'm going to run call of cthulhu dockside dogs it's a scenario for 3-6  players
This was supposed to be a simple heist.
A group of well-dressed criminals arrive at a warehouse to rendezvous after pulling off an extraordinary crime. They know each other only by their pseudonyms - Mister Black, Mister Red, Mister Green, Mister Purple, Mister Beige, Mister Silver, Mister Grey.
The plan is simply to sit tight until midnight when someone will arrive to ferry them - and the loot - across the bay to make a final delivery to the boss. Sounds easy, right?
But things take a turn for the weird; strange things happen in and around the warehouse. Things which make the criminals doubt the allegiances of the compatriots, their own sanity, and ultimately the very nature of reality.
It is going to be a long wait for the ferryman.
Dockside Dogs is a one-shot scenario for Call of Cthulhu. Three to six players take on the roles of the well-dressed criminals, hoping against all odds that they will make it through the night.

Start time 5 pm so come on down and join in for the trip  to the dockside

Tempest

I'm probably going to be there, it's too far in the future to confirm 100% yet. Among other things, I'll probably be bringing out Rum & Bones second tide and teaching that. Should I pick up two more expansions, I think it may even be possible to run a tourney or something. I dunno, just brainstorming at this point.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.