Of Dice & Men - a radio show in Regina on board games

Started by R Newell, January 09, 2017, 08:22:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lori

Listening now. 

FYI, Splotter is a Dutch company.  FCM is definitely neat, I need to play it again!

R Newell

Quote from: Lori on March 02, 2017, 03:12:55 PM
FYI, Splotter is a Dutch company.

Matt gave me a live correction right after I said they're Swedish but I didn't check my phone until after the show.   :lol

R Newell

Episode #5 is now up.  We talk about how to host a board game party, and discuss games such as Flick 'Em Up, Cards Against Humanity, DungeonQuest, Planetarium, Mare Nostrum, Scythe, A Game of Thrones, and more!  Links to find our episodes are in the first post.

R Newell

Episode #6 is now up!  This episode's theme, gamer etiquette, was inspired by Chris (Bricktown) asking me, "hey, which episode was it that you talked about gamer etiquette?"  Well, the answer is this one!

We also talk about Clank!: A Deck-Building Adventure, Gloomhaven, 7 Wonders, Cosmic Encounter, and the latest expansion to T.I.M.E Stories!

R Newell

Episode #7, which focuses on worker placement games, is now available.  We also talk about El Grande, Millennium Blades, Clash of Cultures, and Adam clarifies his thoughts on Clank.  You know the drill.

R Newell

In episode #8, we talk about our favourite party games, technology-assisted board games, as well as more in-depth discussions of Mage Knight, Terraforming Mars, Star Trek: Fleet Captains, and Vast: The Crystal Caverns. Links to our podcast are available in the initial post.

Thanks for listening!   :D

R Newell

Episode #9 talks about clever use of components.  Our featured game was Anachrony, and we also discussed War of the Ring, Castaways, Samurai, Ingenious, and the recent Fan Expo Regina.  Links are in the first post.

And don't worry, I made sure to have one of our requisite technical difficulties.  :thumb-up  (Talking and pressing buttons at the same time is hard...)

R Newell

Episode #10 is up.  The topic is storytelling in games.  The featured game is Chad's favourite, Battlestar Galactica.  Ryan ranted about Great Western Trail and post-Agricola / post-Feld game design, and we also touched on Sagrada and Letter Tycoon.

Links are in the first post.

R Newell

Episode #11 breaks down the history of modern board games into three epochs: pre-Catan, post-Catan, and pre-Kickstarter (the Kickstarter era will be a separate show).  As for recently played games, we discussed Santorini, Between Two Cities, and Ethnos.

R Newell

Episode #12 focuses on the era of Kickstarter and the effects of crowdfunding on the industry.  We also discuss board game representations of escape rooms, as well as recently played games.

Check the first post for links.