Of Dice & Men - a radio show in Regina on board games

Started by R Newell, January 09, 2017, 08:22:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhotoJim

http://cjtr.ca/podcasts/feed.php?cat=of_dice_and_men

RSS subscription feed.

Podget will now be picking up all episodes for me automatically!
Avidly gaming since 1972.

craftybernardo

Just listened to the first episode, great job guys !

bboileau

Here is my collection, trades, and wishlist on bgg if something should peak your interest!

Lori

JohnnyThrust

Awesome, I also added the show to my feeds. :)

Quote from: PhotoJim on January 16, 2017, 03:28:36 PM
http://cjtr.ca/podcasts/feed.php?cat=of_dice_and_men

RSS subscription feed.

Podget will now be picking up all episodes for me automatically!

R Newell

Lori

Sounds like you're getting settled in.  This episode was much more focused flowed a lot better than Ep 1.  Lots of nice plugs in there for SaskGames too  :lol

How are you finding the whole process?

R Newell

Yeah, one of our self-criticisms after episode #1 was that it was a little too "stream of consciousness."  (Or a little too "SQUIRREL!" for fans of the movie Up.)  We are still thinking of ways to ensure we don't go off on tangents too, too often.

The process has been pretty much fine.  The only challenge is that 1/3 of us has to also work the sound board / computer each episode, as well as essentially be the time-keeper for ads and whatnot, so that person tends to feel more pressured and frazzled.  My turn for that next episode!  :excited

We actually didn't intend to plug SaskGames quite as much as we did.  Adam cut to that topic earlier than we were expecting so then we needed to fill the last five minutes with that.   :lol

R Newell

Episode #3 is now available for download (see links in post #1).  In this episode we talk about theme in board games, as well as talk about games such as The Grizzled, Mansions of Madness, 10 Candles, Fuse and more.

R Newell

Episode #4 is now available.  The main topic of this episode was solo play / solitaire games, and as always we talked about games we've played recently.  Games discussed include Mage Knight, Food Chain Magnate, Santorini, Deception: Murder in Hong Kong, Baseball Highlights 2045, and Adrenaline.  Plus some more plugs for SaskGames.  Links to find our show are in the first post.

Our next show, March 12th, will delve into the topic of hosting a gaming party or weekend.  Let us know if you have any questions you want us to consider for that topic.  You can also follow us on Twitter (@Of_Dice_and_Men) and engage with us there.

Thanks for listening!