Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - May 23, 2017 (18:30)

Started by R Newell, December 19, 2016, 09:31:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

R Newell

Sponsored by

...and...

What: ChewsDay Challenge Boardgame Night
Where: Boston Pizza, 545 Albert Street North (Regina)
When: Every ChewsDay Night
Who: Anyone interested in playing boardgames
Why: Life is Short; Play Games!

:excited Click HERE for Important Information about these events :excited

THIS WEEK'S EVENT AMBASSADOR: Janessa Hegel

:scrab-g :scrab-a :scrab-m :scrab-e :scrab-blank :scrab-s :scrab-c :scrab-h :scrab-e :scrab-d :scrab-u :scrab-l :scrab-i :scrab-n :scrab-g

GAME: Agricola *CANCELLED*
START TIME: 6:00
AFFECTS: Eric

GAME: Taj Mahal *CANCELLED*
START TIME: 6:30
AFFECTS: Kathryn and Jeff

GAME: Airlines Europe
TEACHER: Lori
TIME: 6:30
DURATION: 90-120 minutes
# of PLAYERS: 4
1. Lori
2. zeker
3. Naardmund
4. Ukamoc

GAME: Five Tribes*CANCELLED*
1. WDBrown
2. Billy
3. MikeMcC
4. Susey

GAME: The Networks
TEACHER: Steve (zeker)
START TIME: 8:30
DURATION: 90 Minutes
# OF PLAYERS: 3-5
1. zeker
2. Lori
3. Gloop

***** CARCASSONNE LEAGUE NIGHT: 8:30 *****
1. Dana_Tillusz
2. WDBrown
3. Tempest
4. Cordawg
5. steampunch
6. Nikkisportraits
7. MikeMcC
8. JHegel
9. Jilly
10. Susey

Hashtags #Sask_Games     #ChewsdayBP

R Newell

To post a game for Chewsday Challenge, please quote this reply and fill in the relevant information

GAME:
TEACHER:
START TIME:
DURATION: your best estimate of how long it will take in minutes (account for time to teach the game)
# OF PLAYERS:
URL: Copy and past the URL from Board Game Geek here

R Newell

Tempest

Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Tempest

Confirmed for carc. I'll be there. Also, I'll try coming out early for another game too. I've developed an idea for Agricola that I'd love to try with people. Essentially, for those familiar with the game, what I've done is create starting decks of occupation and improvement cards that share a common theme. I'm still working on balancing them out, but my initial test with people went pretty well. Each one plays differently and if used somewhat correctly (I've done everything I can to make it intuitive) can be pretty self-sufficient.

I'd love to show it to people familiar with Agricola optimally, but can potentially teach new players who might be interested. The goal of putting these combos together *IS* to help newer players who aren't familiar with the game have a bit of an easier time with it. I know from experience that Agricola is a daunting game especially to new players; I personally *HATED* it when I first tried it. (I partially blame the teacher, but that's old news.) So in that regard, if you've tried Agricola before and either had a hard time or didn't like it, I say give this a shot. It's not VASTLY different, but I think it's different enough. Also, in the Tempest teaching fashion, I am more than happy to help guide players as the game goes on as well. I have tons of experience playing, so I can usually suggest optimal moves and such if necessary. It's one of my favourite games, and I'd love it if I could share the joy!

Since I will be in Carc, I'd also like to start at 6:00 PM if possible, especially if I do end up teaching the game.

GAME: Agricola
TEACHER: Tempest
START TIME: 6:00
DURATION: ~120 minutes
# OF PLAYERS: Four or Five. (the pre-built combos are meant to be played with four or five players only)
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Lori

Dipping back to 2011 to play an Alan R. Moon game that isn't called Ticket to Ride.

GAME: Airlines Europe
TEACHER: Lori
DURATION: 90-120 minutes
# of PLAYERS: 4
1. Lori

Eric

KathrynT

Can you sign my husband and me up for Taj Mahal? Our names are Kathryn and Jeff. Thank you!