Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - November 29, 2016 (18:30)

Started by R Newell, October 05, 2016, 10:03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeikeDjour

GAME: Arcadia Quest
TEACHER: NeikeDjour
START TIME: 5-ish
DURATION: 120-240min
# OF PLAYERS: 4
1. NeikeDjour
2. JohnnyThrust
3. Bricktown
4. Tempest
Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

prairieguy

I am bringing out a game that has been sitting on my shelf unplayed for too long. Will be a learning basic game for 4

GAME: Dawn of the Zeds
TEACHER: prairieguy
START TIME: 7:30 PM
DURATION: 60 - 90 min.
# OF PLAYERS: 4
1. prairieguy
URL: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/175095/dawn-zeds-third-edition

The postcards in every local drug store read, "Welcome to Fabulous Farmingdale!", an ad campaign that was the brainchild of Mayor Hernandez (who coincidentally employed his wife's public relations firm to market their community). But right now, things are far from fabulous in Farmingdale and, for once, everyone isn't blaming the Mayor. Some kind of virus or poison is turning ordinary people into vicious, zombie-like killers. It is not clear how the disease spreads (though it seems that physical contact is certainly one way), but it is obvious what the illness does to its victims.

These undead, nicknamed "Zeds" from the local newscasts as the acronym for "Zombie Epidemic Disease," are now converging on your corner of the world around Farmingdale. As best you can tell, you have been left to your own devices to stop them while the National Guard organizes a relief column, but that could take days, perhaps weeks, for them to fight their way to you and until then, what can you do?

With little choice between survival and a gruesome (un)death, you realize that you must coordinate the defense of the town of Farmingdale and its surrounding villages. You must lead the good citizens and emerging heroes of these communities to halt the Zeds' advances by (re)killing them, attempt to coordinate the discovery of a cure to this vile scourge, and preserve as much of the area and as many of its inhabitants as possible. There's no time to lose...

Justin-S

craftybernardo

Darrin and I will be playing a warm up game of Twilight Struggle @ 7:30 in preparation for the League beginning soon.  Anyone interested in the league or the game itself is welcome to come over and check it out.

PrisonMonkeys

To counter the snow with some jungle exploration, I'm bringing Tikal.

GAME: Tikal
TEACHER: PrisonMonkeys
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: 90-120 minutes
# OF PLAYERS: 2-4
1. PrisonMonkeys

jilly

Krazzy

Kristy 🙂

Cordawg

lifeofturner

Game Night Recap

Image by: Matt Robertson (Bixby) on BoardGameGeek

ATTENDANCE: 42

Games Played: Arcadia Quest, Concordia, Dawn of the Zeds, Evolution Climate, A Feast For Odin, Forbidden Island, Hey Waiter!, Maharani, Mysterium, Onitama, Smash-Up, Stockpile, Tikal, Tiny Epic Galaxies, Twilight Struggle, and more!

Announcements:
- Next week is Prize Draw week!
- Next Game Design meeting is Tuesday, December 13 at 7:30 pm
- Adult Science Night is coming up on Thursday, December 15th, and volunteers are needed!
- PGX is coming up on January 28, including Marvel Legendary and King of New York tournaments!
- Season 3 of the Carcassonne league starts in February. Talk to Dana for details.

See the current lost and found items here:
Lost & Found Thread

Follow saskgames on social media:
    Twitter: @sask_games
    Instagram: sask_games
    Gaming Venues: Google Map

Hashtags for this event:
   #ChewsDayBP - ChewsDay Challenge Hashtag.
   #Sask_Games - This is for all SaskGames events and activity.
   #YQR - Official Geographic Hashtag for Regina.
   #BoardGames - Official Hobby Hashtag.

"Life is Short; Play Games!"
"The play's the thing, wherein I'll catch the conscience of the king." - Hamlet