Prairie Game eXpo - Core Ritchie Centre- Saturday, October 1st, 2016 (9am) FREE!

Started by Dana_Tillusz, July 28, 2016, 01:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChadBoudreau

GAME: Thornwatch
TEACHER: Kevin McLean
START TIME: 10:00am
DURATION: 120 minutes
# OF PLAYERS: 6
URL: Thornwatch

Thornwatch is an adventure-based card game for 2-5 players and a Judge. Players are manifestations of the Thornwatch: scarred veterans of the Eyrewood who now live as spirits summoned by the ancient ritual of tying a knot of thorns around a birch tree. The Thornwatch summoned to a particular tree do not necessarily know each other or the true nature of the problem they've been called to resolve; all they know is that they've answered the call, and they're bound to see it through.

For backing the game on Kickstarter, Kevin McLean received a print-and-play version of the game. He had it printed at a local print shop and is excited to bring it to Prairie Game Expo. Players' feedback on the game will be given to the developers of the game.

Kevin is willing to run multiple sessions of this game, if interest is high. The first session begins at 10am.

ChadBoudreau

X-Wing Escalation Tournament

WHEN: Saturday October 1, 2016
WHERE: Prairie Game eXpo
START TIME: 10:00 AM
DURATION: 6 hours
MAXIMUM PLAYERS: 10

Tournament Format

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game is a tactical ship-to-ship combat game in which players take control of powerful Rebel X-wings and nimble Imperial TIE fighters, facing them against each other in fast-paced space combat. Featuring stunningly detailed and painted miniatures, the X-Wing Miniatures Game recreates exciting Star Wars space combat throughout its several included scenarios. Select your crew, plan your maneuvers, and complete your mission!

Escalation tournaments are held in a series of four tournament rounds. The first round is 50 minutes, the second round is 70 minutes, the third round is 90 minutes, and the fourth round is 120 minutes.

Each new tournament round, players field a larger pre-built squad (following the Escalation squad building rules below), and players will score tournament points after each round based on the result of their game. After four tournament rounds the tournament ends and prizes are given out based on player record. We have a variety of X-Wing cards from various OP kits for prizes.

Each player may choose to field a Rebel, Imperial, or Scum & Villainy squad, as tournament seeding ignores the player's faction. Each of the squads fielded must be from the same faction. You may not have more than eight small ships of the same ship type (TIE fighter, A-Wing, etc.) in any squad. You may not have more than four large ships of the same ship type in any squad.

The maximum squad points for each player's first squad is 60 points. A squad cannot exceed 60 points, though it may contain fewer than 60 points. Each player must field at least two ships.

On subsequent rounds, the maximum squad points for each player's squad increases to 90 for the second round, 120 for the third round, and 150 for the fourth. During each round, each squad must contain all ships and upgrade cards from the previous squad. Ships from the previous round must keep all equipped upgrade cards, and these cards may not be "transferred" to a different ship. However, new upgrade cards may be added to ships from the previous squad.

The complete, official Escalation Tournament rules as provided by Fantasy Flight Games can be read here. It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that players familiarise themselves with the tournament rules BEFORE the tournament.

RESPOND TO THIS POST TO REGISTER FOR THIS TOURNAMENT.

Rogue2

Hey ChadBoudreau, can you sign me up for the X-Wing Escalation tournament? Thanks!

ChadBoudreau

GAME: Age of Sigmar
TEACHER: Perris N and Nathan S
START TIME: 10:00am / 2:00pm
DURATION: N/A
# OF PLAYERS: N/A
URL: Age of Sigmar

Warhammer: Age of Sigmar is a skirmish tabletop game for two or more players where you command several armies from a huge range that goes from Humans, Dwarves, High Elves, Undead Vampires, Orcs, Beastman and lots of races. This book provides you with all the rules you need to play, and guides you through collecting and painting your own army of Citadel miniatures.

Players from the gaming community will be showcasing Age of Sigmar at Prairie Game Expo. They will be playing games of Age of Sigmar but everyone is welcome to learn about this game. Demo session begin at 10am - 12pm and then again at 2pm - 4pm.

ChadBoudreau

QuoteHey ChadBoudreau, can you sign me up for the X-Wing Escalation tournament? Thanks!

You're in!

ChadBoudreau

GAME: Warmachine / Hordes MK III
TEACHER: Nick Andrews and members of the ComicReaders Warmachine / Hordes League
START TIME: 10:00am - 6pm
DURATION: N/A
# OF PLAYERS: N/A
URL: Warmachine / Hordes MK III

Warmachine --steam-powered miniatures combat-- is a table-top miniatures game published by Privateer Press. Players take on the role of an elite soldier-sorcerer known as a warcaster. While a warcaster and his army is a formidable force on the battlefield, a warcaster's true strength is in their ability to magically control and coordinate the actions of their mighty warjacks steam-powered combat automatons that represent the pinnacle of military might in the Iron Kingdoms.

Members of the gaming community who meet every Wednesday night at ComicReaders Downtown to play Warmachine / Hordes will be at Prairie Game Expo demoing the game for most of the morning and afternoon. Demos are quick. You can get a feel for this miniatures wargame.

Tempest

Arggg, I don't know what to do. I was hoping to get some games in that I don't really play that often, but I also want to compete in the escalation tournament as well.

I'll have to think on this.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

wendyj

nikkisportraits

Please sign me up for Glass Road. Thanks. I have played and did like that game.

Sheldyn