X-Wing Night: ComicReaders Downtown: August 2016

Started by ChadBoudreau, July 27, 2016, 01:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChadBoudreau

X-Wing Night - August 2016 Schedule

DESCRIPTION
Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game is a tactical ship-to-ship combat game in which players take control of powerful Rebel X-wings and nimble Imperial TIE fighters, facing them against each other in fast-paced space combat. Featuring stunningly detailed and painted miniatures, the X-Wing Miniatures Game recreates exciting Star Wars space combat throughout its several included scenarios. Select your crew, plan your maneuvers, and complete your mission!

This is a chance to meet other players, engage in casual games, or simply drop-in for a look at this Star Wars themed miniatures game.

DATE & TIME
6pm - 8:50pm
August 4
August 11
August 18
August 25

COST
None.

EVENT ORGANIZER
Tyler (Tempest on SaskGames)

EVENT ATTENDANCE LIMITS
There is no seating limit for this event.

ADDITIONAL DETAILS
If you have questions, respond to this thread.
Pre-registration is NOT required.
There is typically space available for other gaming during X-Wing.

ChadBoudreau

I have received the Summer Tournament Kit for X-Wing.
Let's schedule a little sometthing-something and use the kit. Do one of you fine folks want to take point on that in regards to scheduling and running the event?

RobSven

I can run something for us.  How's an escalation tournament sound?

ChadBoudreau

That sounds great! What date did you have in mind?

RobSven

I think I'll do a poll here and on the Facebook group and see what works best for people.  I'd say we would be looking at August 20, 27 or sept 10 as the best options. Do any of those dates not work for Comic Readers?  And also, do you want me to set an entry cost to cover the kit?

localhost

Quote from: ChadBoudreau on July 27, 2016, 01:52:27 PM
DATE & TIME
6pm - 8:50pm
August 25

Good day,

I showed up for this event this evening; however, according to ComicReaders, I was the only one to arrive for this event today. Is there a way to be notified of this for future events if no one else may attend? Also, is this going to occur again in September or a different game? Thanks.

ChadBoudreau

This is a drop-in night so attendance varies. It sounds like August attendance was low to nil so perhaps interest and a availability is waning. What say the group? Anyone coming out in September?

RobSven

I'm hoping to make more of these again after Summer's over ... End of September ish.  A lot of us post in the xwing Regina Facebook group prior to going to see if anyone else is able to make it out before heading down.

ChadBoudreau

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1723577761260649/

I believe the above link will take you to the Facebook group mentioned by RobSven.

I would like to point out that the Facebook group is a closed group with 26 current members. SaskGames is a public forum with (as of the end of 2015) 170,000+ page views a month and 954 registered users. I can appreciate the ease of Facebook groups but please do not discredit the value of posting on this forum for X-Wing at ComicReaders Downtown. If I'm a new or casual player and see no activity on this forum about X-Wing then I might not realize there is, in fact, an active community of players in Regina. This is one of the reasons why I post events on SaskGames and Facebook groups.

Keep that in mind for the upcoming Escalation Tournament, too. I know there are people coming, but only two people have posted on the SaskGames thread.

craftybernardo

Planning on getting out more in the upcoming weeks