X-Wing League Season 1 (Jan/Feb) Signup/Standings

• 61 Replies

Tempest

• Boom!
    • View Profile
Re: X-Wing League Season 1 (Jan/Feb) Signup/Standings
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2016, 04:29:37 PM »
Just officially signing up here on the thread, I see my name is on the list already (Devin) after making it Saturday.

I likely won't make any Thursday's, or at least not many. However hopefully I can make it fairly regularly on Saturdays.

Cheers,
Devin.

Welcome aboard!
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

RobSven

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2016, 06:23:43 PM »
Hey just a heads up, I know a few people were looking for star viper expansion.  I saw a few copies at comic readers south today

Jesta

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2016, 06:26:10 PM »
I was at Tramps today as well, they also have a half dozen or so at the moment

Tempest

• Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2016, 01:05:51 AM »
Been a bit distracted, work and such. Here's the results from Thursday:
Wade def Brent
Wade def Bryce
Stewart def Brent
Stewart def Bryce
Derek C def Tyler
Stewart tie Rob

That's right, that last match was a tie! We'll have to discuss situations that can potentially end in draws for future seasons. My general thought is that the main reason you'd draw is out of good sportsmanship. Like, you're in an obvious stalemate position without either side having a clear advantage and both sides agree that instead of wasting time, they'd rather just call it a draw. I don't like the idea of using a draw just for the sake of preserving a good point total or whatever. In any case, if in future seasons we charge a league fee, we'll probably have stricter rules and time limits and such, so draws probably won't come up. More stuff to talk about I guess.

Finally, Derek C asked if he could take a look at the standings and such. What I'm doing after I record individual match results is putting them into a totally legit spreadsheet I made in MSPaint. Why? Because that's how I roll, that's why. In any case, I'll post it here and each time I update it to the main post in case anyone else wants to look at it. I don't think I've missed any results, but if anything looks off let me know.

It reads left to right. Green squares are wins, reds are losses and yellows are draws. It doesn't really work if you read it top to bottom unless you reverse red and green. Enjoy!
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Tempest

• Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2016, 11:22:35 AM »
Unrelated to anything else, has anyone found a 'Fleet Officer' card? Mine seems to have disappeared some time between last Thursday the 4th. (I'm pretty sure that was the first time I brought out the Decimator) and last Saturday. I've been searching all over my house to no avail. As far as I can tell, it *only* comes with the decimator, and I really don't want to buy another one for one card. I have a feeling I dropped it on the ground at Readers on the 4th and it's probably been trashed at this point, but I'm hoping it just accidentally ended up in someone's cards somehow.

If anyone finds they have one when they shouldn't, or has an extra one somehow, let me know please!

« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2016, 03:37:06 PM »
Worst case scenario you can probably buy the single card off eBay for a few bucks

Bryce Robinson

• AKA Bryce, Him, That Guy, What's his name.
    • View Profile
    • about.me
  • BGG ID: brycrbnsn
  • Name: Bryce Robinson
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2016, 03:53:32 PM »
I checked my kit and I don't have it. There may be a lost and found at Comic Readers.
I take requests. See my collection here. http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/brycrbnsn

Tempest

• Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2016, 05:10:47 PM »
Results from Feb 13:

Bryce def. Tyler
Dodge def. Jameson
Jameson def. Bryce
Devin def. Stewart
Tyler def. Dodge
Jesta def. Wade
Devin def. Tyler
Rob def. Nick
Nick def. Rob
Jameson def. Devin

I know there's a few games I might have missed, or weren't finished when I left. I'll add them afterwards.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 01:28:04 AM by Tempest »

« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2016, 06:42:29 PM »
Actually Tyler keep in mind that you might be able to just get a replacement from FFG.

If you're honest and maybe attach a photo of the ship to the request I can see them granting it. They have a good reputation when it comes to replacement parts.

Might be worth trying.

RobSven

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2016, 06:57:39 PM »
Nick defeated Rob in rematch after you were gone