X-Wing: Season 1 League: ComicReaders Downtown: Thursday, January 28, 2016

Started by ChadBoudreau, January 16, 2016, 09:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChadBoudreau

X-Wing Season 1 League Event

DESCRIPTION
Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game is a tactical ship-to-ship combat game in which players take control of powerful Rebel X-wings and nimble Imperial TIE fighters, facing them against each other in fast-paced space combat. Featuring stunningly detailed and painted miniatures, the X-Wing Miniatures Game recreates exciting Star Wars space combat throughout its several included scenarios. Select your crew, plan your maneuvers, and complete your mission!

This casual event kicks-off casual and organized play of X-Wing at ComicReaders Downtown. This is a chance to meet other players, engage in casual games, or simply drop-in for a look at this Star Wars themed miniatures game.

DATE & TIME
Thursday, January 28, 2016
6pm - 8:50pm

COST
None.

EVENT ORGANIZER
Tyler (Tempest on SaskGames)

EVENT ATTENDANCE LIMITS
There is no seating limit for this event.

ADDITIONAL DETAILS
If you have questions, respond to this thread.
Pre-registration is NOT required.

Tempest

I'll be there around 7:15-ish. I'll be bringing 100 points worth of Empire stuff, I'll probably be playing one game.

I should note, that you don't have to show up exactly at 6:00PM, but you should show up early enough that you can at least complete a game if possible.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Wade Kruse

I should be there! Got enough stuff to play any kind of game, including enough to let someone else play with if someone is interested in checking the game out!

DCStyles

I'll be there for 6pm, hoping to get 2 games in.  Will be bringing 4 playmats with me in case people need to borrow one.
My collection of board games:  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/chowman13     Feel free to request something and I'll bring it out!

Dodge

I will be there sometime within the 6 o'clock hour.  I've got enough for either a Rebel or Imperial faction, so might come prepared with both.

Tempest

Quote from: Dodge on January 17, 2016, 01:08:02 AM
I will be there sometime within the 6 o'clock hour.  I've got enough for either a Rebel or Imperial faction, so might come prepared with both.

Sounds good! I'll go ahead and you to the roster!
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

JemLee

i'll be there. see y'all then. I've also got a couple hundred models (consisting of both empire and rebel packs), So if players need/want to borrow stuff I am happy to arrange anything with anyone. Also  I have a couple 6' X 3' matts and a 3' X 3' matt I am happy to bring along anytime they are wanted. I also have about 20 3D asteroids I made myself so if players want to play with model asteroids (to sit onto the cardboard ones after being placed on the game matt) I am happy to bring those too to any game nights. So anyway see you guys at the first season 1 X-Wing night :D
Cheers,
Jemmer

Tempest

Quote from: JemLee on January 17, 2016, 01:19:05 AM
i'll be there. see y'all then. I've also got a couple hundred models (consisting of both empire and rebel packs), So if players need/want to borrow stuff I am happy to arrange anything with anyone. Also  I have a couple 6' X 3' matts and a 3' X 3' matt I am happy to bring along anytime they are wanted. I also have about 20 3D asteroids I made myself so if players want to play with model asteroids (to sit onto the cardboard ones after being placed on the game matt) I am happy to bring those too to any game nights. So anyway see you guys at the first season 1 X-Wing night :D

Sounds good. I'm thinking the 3x3 are good enough for now? In any case, sounds like Derek has about 4, and I know Wade has 1, so we'll end up having quite a few, which is awesome :3

I'm really really stoked!

JemLee

Also i would like to share this online squad builder. its the best one and most inclusive I've seen online and is a terrific resource for building any squad from simple to massive epics. Hope you find it helpful ...

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/

When you log into it you can also track your collection so it helps you by displaying what models, cards, etc you own so your build consists only of upgrades you possess.  Plus you can save builds so there is no need to rebuild favorites every time.
Cheers,
Jemmer

Jesta

I will try show up between 6 & 7 depending on when I get home from work. I have about 14 imperial smalls, 1 large, and 1 epic.